Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Php Error

Options
  • 14-04-2009 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys ,
    Having a problem i use server2go,php, and mysql

but when i go onto phpmyadmin i get this error

phpMyAdmin Cannot start session without errors, please check errors given in your PHP and/or webserver log file and configure your PHP installation properly.

Any body know what to do thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭daymobrew

As mentioned in the error message, have you checked the web server log?
    Post the errors here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

ok thanks anyway , i just the universal way off solving all problems , turning the computer on and off:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shertheman

Hi guys
    I am getting same error and this is what I got from apache error log:
    ::1 - - [08/Mar/2014:20:09:12 +0000] "GET /phpmyadmin/favicon.ico HTTP/1.1" 200 18902
    ::1 - - [08/Mar/2014:20:20:51 +0000] "GET /phpmyadmin/ HTTP/1.1" 200 1205
    ::1 - - [08/Mar/2014:20:20:52 +0000] "GET /phpmyadmin/favicon.ico HTTP/1.1" 200 18902

Nothing in PHP error log though
    I really could do with some help as I am totally stuck
    Have built my site using Joomla and wamp server -
    Trying to migrate it to Godaddy and that is where all my troubles started as I have to export my database to host site

Please help!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭fcrossen

At the top of your PHP file (and after any existing error directives) insert:

[PHP]ini_set('display_errors',TRUE);
    ini_set('error_reporting',E_ALL);[/PHP]

This will display *all* errors to screen (potentially displaying sensitive information in the process) so disable immediately after use if on a publicly accessible server.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shertheman

Thanks for your response
    I have actually gone ahead and installed Joomla on Godaddy - don't mind starting from new as it's easy enought :)
    I have my site almost done which brings me to the burning question

HOW DO I PUBLISH IT AND MAKE IT LIVE!!!

The chap I was talking to from Godaddy said there is a feature in Joomla that allows you to do that but he wasn't too sure
    It's my very first site and can someone please fire me some instructions on what to do!!!

Happy Paddys everyone!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭fcrossen

@shertheman: If the site is installed and "almost done" then it sounds like it *is* published. (Unless you are talking about something Joomla specific - which sounds likely.)

What is the site URL?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Original thread's from 2009.

Please start a new one. Thread closed.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement