Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politics forum

Options
  • 14-04-2009 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭

Wow - they're taking flak here by the looks of things.

Anyway I have concerns that the mods in the politics forum are not applying the rules (In particular):

2. Racism.

(...)

If you wish to discuss a separate issue which has arisen in a discussion, then take it to a separate thread, and post a link in the original thread if you feel it appropriate.
    When offering an opinion, please state so. Please do not present an opinion as "fact" - it only leads to flaming and a moderator may demand further evidence.

When offering fact, please offer relevant linkage, or at least source. Simply saying "a quick search on google...." is often, but not always, enough. If you do not do this upon posting, then please be willing to do so on request.

(....)

DISCUSSION ON NORTHERN IRELAND - READ! - 10 March 2009
    Please note that any post deemed to incite hatred or promote violence will be dealt with in the strictest possible manner by the politics mods.

Whatever your politics we expect discussion in a manner fit for adults, but first and foremost human beings.

Celebration/promotion/triumphing of murder, violence or aggression will result in an immediate banning from the forum and deletion of your posts.

We can discuss issues with decorum and respect and anyone wishing to engage in discussion that does not fit into the manner outlined here, is welcome to do so on another website.

There is a spate of threads on Northern Ireland recently, and to be honest, despite repeatedly reporting posts nothing was done (except take a little bit of Irish that I had posted down.) This is illogical and completely unfair.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

If and when we act on a post or a poster, we're not always in the habit of telling the general public.

It really only encourages people to behave like children and try and get each other banned.

Likewise, whether we have banned someone or not is nobody's concern but the person banned.

Finally just because we get a reported post, doesn't mean we act on it. Those reporting posts in a heated debate tend to be.... "involved" and sometimes over inflate a post's venom.

With all this in mind.

1. What is the actual complaint (I mean very specifically, with links, what is the issue)?

2. What do you think should be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'm going to need links. I'm pretty sure you didn't report what you're referring to as I went through the reported posts, then specifically posts you reported and couldn't find one related to the above.

Advertisement