Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bi

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ashen Light

I'm actually kind of surprised looking at some of the responses here.
    Any bisexual woman I've known has a higher than normal sex drive, and most of them end up with long term male partners.

That's a generalisation, and it's sad to see that on a gay forum. If I were to say "Any gay person I've met is a a raging whore and will never be in a relationship", that doesn't help any argument, it's still just a generalisation.

Indeed, when any straight person says something like this about gay people, we hear the collective moaning about how that's unfair, and how "society is degregating gay people". How in any good concience can those same people then turn around and do the same thing to another group of people?

(and yes, I haven't reused your entire comment, only the part I took issue with. And that's why it's called "quoting".)

I'm a bi guy, and so is my boyfriend. Before we got together, we had relationships with girls (and guys). The problem is, we're either referred to as the cute gay lads (admittedly understandable, and not that bad to be known as), or the "two greedy ones". Some girl I vaguely knew asked if we wanted a 3some with her the last day, because she'd "heard we were both bi, and that means we must be in an open relationship". It's getting better though, in my Uni I know a few openly bi-guys dating girls, and they're not having any problems.

Both of us still fancy girls, but we love each other, and that's all that matters. Just because we're bi doesn't mean we can't be faithful. Cheating is about someithing being wrong with the relationship, it doesn't matter what orientation you are. If you're paranoid about someone cheating on you (whatever their sexuality may be), then you clearly have other problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭redbeast

@ ashen light

Here Here! Well said. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I'm actually kind of surprised looking at some of the responses here.

That's a generalisation, and it's sad to see that on a gay forum. If I were to say "Any gay person I've met is a a raging whore and will never be in a relationship", that doesn't help any argument, it's still just a generalisation.

Indeed, when any straight person says something like this about gay people, we hear the collective moaning about how that's unfair, and how "society is degregating gay people". How in any good concience can those same people then turn around and do the same thing to another group of people?

(and yes, I haven't reused your entire comment, only the part I took issue with. And that's why it's called "quoting".)

I'm a bi guy, and so is my boyfriend. Before we got together, we had relationships with girls (and guys). The problem is, we're either referred to as the cute gay lads (admittedly understandable, and not that bad to be known as), or the "two greedy ones". Some girl I vaguely knew asked if we wanted a 3some with her the last day, because she'd "heard we were both bi, and that means we must be in an open relationship". It's getting better though, in my Uni I know a few openly bi-guys dating girls, and they're not having any problems.

Both of us still fancy girls, but we love each other, and that's all that matters. Just because we're bi doesn't mean we can't be faithful. Cheating is about someithing being wrong with the relationship, it doesn't matter what orientation you are. If you're paranoid about someone cheating on you (whatever their sexuality may be), then you clearly have other problems.

It's not generalisation. He indicated that any bisexual woman he'd personally known were more highly sexed. He didn't say all bisexuals woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Sharlovesjohn

Not to single you out or pick on you or anything, but it's that kind of dishonesty that causes a lot of problems for bisexuals. It's not much of a relationship if it starts off with a lie.

I no how the person you quoted feels Im a bi girl and god its been hard to find anyone that would accept it guys laughed it off thinking I just kiss my friends like all girls and girls refused to get with me because I cheat? I have and never will cheat on a person whether im with a guy or girl,
    and thanks to me been honest Ive never had full relationship with a girl and as you can prob see from my user name I have a bf at the moment and I didnt say anything to him when we first got together but after he told me he loved me i told him and he said it doesnt matter as it has nothing to do with our relationship :D

Advertisement