Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funding for a masters in the UK/Europe

• 15-04-2009 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi,
    Does anyone have any knowledge of one's eligibility for receiving funding to commence a taught masters in the uk or rest of europe? Will the higher education grant cover a course that is overseas? My status is I hold a BSc, received the top up grant in university and have been out of the country for over a year and am over 25, if all this is relevant.
    Thanks!

Fausto

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

No, the higher education grant does not cover courses outside the 32 counties at postgraduate level.

Your only options would be college based funds/scholarships or, depending on the subject, some of the research/industry bodies that offer taught awards.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jewelsster

Depends what you want to do. For instance, some of the tech degrees are very well funded in Ireland costing only €2000 pa.

What sort of masters are you looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jewelsster

Sorry - I seem to have got the wrong end of the stick... I thought you were including Ireland in that... clearly I need my coffee!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭colsku

Masters degrees are FREE in Finland. For locals and foreigners! Winners!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭MadgeBadge

Hola Fausto,

I was researching doing my MA in Sunderland at one point, and I'm quite sure it was going to be funded. Double check with your local county council though considering what other posters have said.

I ended up going to Maynooth so I don't know for sure.

They certainly funded my BSc in the UK.

Bueno suerte!

• Advertisement
Advertisement