Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fallout 3

• 15-04-2009 9:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi

Thinking about buying Fallout 3 - loved Oblivion (despite it's combat and levelling issues) and was wondering how Fallout 3 compares.

Have heard it's too easy and the DLC leaves a lot to be desired.

How does it stand up size-wise (size of world, number of missions, etc)? Can't imagine a game bigger than Oblivion!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The DLC isn't fantastic, I didn't think Operation Anchorage was very good at all, but The Pitt was an improvement.

Overall I think Fallout 3 is a very good game, there are a lot of missions and side missions, and a lot of random things you can easily miss scattered around the world. Well worth getting, and can be gotten quite cheap these days. It can be quite easy, but you can set the difficulty to Hard to compensate :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ive clocked up 80+ hours on the game not counting dlc so value for money :D

I loved oblivion too, this was as good as that for me. Leveling / powers system is simpler than Oblivion and the combat is actually pretty decent.

I wouldn't say the world was as big as oblivion, but i dont think thats a negative point in game. Its still a massive map to walk across. You can fast travel once you have found places otherwise you need to get there on foot 1st , no horses in this game :pac: but it pays to explore the world in this game.

Dont sit here too long reading this just go out and buy it already, you know you want too :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

After reading what F3 was about, and talking to people who played it, it made me get an xbox after years of not gaming. I got an xbox, guitar hero wt, gears 2 and F3 at xmas, and the other two games remain (for the most part) untouched. I love it. after 4 months i'm still playing it which says a lot.

get it, and get it now. after you kill a few people with a few VATS headshots you'll never look back.

i'm actually the opposite of you, i'll be playing oblivion after i'm done with F3.

enjoy the next few days of your real life, after that all you'll care about is the capital wasteland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

enjoy the next few days of your real life, after that all you'll care about is the capital wasteland!

That's why I haven't gotten it so far...

I loved Oblivion and am playing through Mass Effect again.

Want to have real life... must resist Fallout...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Fallout is outstanding. I got it played it beat it and put it away,then about a month later someone asked me to show it to them....i turned it on and played it for another month !!!

It will suck your life away and youl love every minute of it ! Its not as horribley addictive as oblivion,i had to trade in oblivion cus my GF was threathening to leave if i didnt. I got bitten by a Vampire and didnt realise it.......i nearly got emotional over it !!! It was like my whole life and what i had worked for was changed for ever. Fallout is more about the experience and the world and the amazing attention to detail.

Fallout 3 and Halo 3 are the only two games iv went back to again and again

Gah i dont want to start playing it again !!!!

• Advertisement

RAIN wrote: »

Gah i dont want to start playing it again !!!!

yes you do yes you do yes you do.

i finished the two dlc's last week and got some class extra weapons like the gauss rifle. it takes out robots from a distance with one shot.....without VATS!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Been spending this week wandering around the Capital Wasteland od DC, the real one, and have been missing Fallout now. Can't wait to get back to my xbox and continue playing again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Can't recommend this game enough.

It's not perfect but it sucks you in and there's lots of side-quests, DLC and replayable missions once you're done.

One of the best value for money games available (especially considering it has no multiplayer).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

where's the best place to pick this up in dublin, preferably new

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Prob a silly question bu tdo you need the disk to play the DLC ?

I have fallout on the PS3 and the PS3 isnt getting the DLC. Thinking of rebuying Fallout just for the DLC.

• Advertisement

yes you need the disc for the dlc.

Advertisement