Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awful Tenants, 2 weeks into contract, have to evict them .

• 15-04-2009 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭

Basically Ive had loadsa complaints from neighbours and can verify that they are a knightmare tenants. I am also concerned they could potentially get violent.

Im aware they are still entitled to 28 days notice . .

Any other advice on info provided would be much apreciated . .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Milkey Bar Kid

Make sure to find out if ant utility bills need to be paid as you will need to take it out of the deposit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

The notice period may actually be shorter. I think that in cases of extreme anti social behaviour such aqs this it may very well be.

Your best bet is to get onto the PRTB. I have dealt with these buerocrats for the past 3 years on and off. Prepare to pull your hair out with frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

fabbydabby wrote: »
    The notice period may actually be shorter. I think that in cases of extreme anti social behaviour such aqs this it may very well be.

Your best bet is to get onto the PRTB. I have dealt with these buerocrats for the past 3 years on and off. Prepare to pull your hair out with frustration.

Thanks for the advice guys. Had dealt with PRTB before and found them inept, unhelpful and at best useless (sorry to whoever invented the word useless as its not really fair to degrade this term!).

Really worried that the laws of the land will protect these guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

They will. To the bitter biter end. At YOUR expense. See my posts on the last page of the Help I am going mad with Tenants thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Lease's and letters mean very little when you have bad tenants, the law is nearly always on their side but believe it or not just talking to the tenants could help, some people come from situations where there allowed to act the bollacks and have all night parties maybe if you meet them and discuss with them what is acceptable and what isn't it might help your situation. If you've a letting agent get them to do it as it's their job. I’ve had tenants similar to the ones you describe and meeting them solves a lot more than you’d think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Lease's and letters mean very little when you have bad tenants, the law is nearly always on their side but believe it or not just talking to the tenants could help, some people come from situations where there allowed to act the bollacks and have all night parties maybe if you meet them and discuss with them what is acceptable and what isn't it might help your situation. If you've a letting agent get them to do it as it's their job. I’ve had tenants similar to the ones you describe and meeting them solves a lot more than you’d think.

Thanks . . .

Met them earlier but cant shake the feeling they are nice to us and nasty to the neighbours (who we know well and trust).

Anyways, mentioned the term Solicitor and they sort of bulked at it!! Well, time will tell . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,452 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Cases of anti-social behaviour can be given I think 7 days notice to quit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Victor wrote: »
    Cases of anti-social behaviour can be given I think 7 days notice to quit.

but if the matter is referred to the PRTB does that no render that notice useless?

Advertisement