Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"You FM!"

• 15-04-2009 10:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭

There are an awful lot of negative posts on the radio forum about many shows and presenters. It would be nice to read some positive comments or suggestions to improve our airwaves!

Imagine you are starting up a new national radio station. You can poach any presenters from any other Irish stations, and UK too if you must!

You can have music shows, talk shows, anything that takes your fancy. You can design the station to be one that you personally would listen to all day, or one that you think would appeal to a wider audience.

What would your normal weekday lineup be and what format would the shows take?

(PS. Sorry for being one of those annoying posters who doesn't answer their own questions! I don't listen to a wide enough range of stations to be able to compile my own list, but I always enjoy reading the opinions and comments of others on this forum! :D)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This was tried before, I gave it my best shot but no-one else could be arsed! :p

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055485961

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Doh!! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

And I attempted an "in praise of ... good radio" thread.

It got further. 2 pages :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

And the "worst radio show" thread takes off - negativity prevails unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Unfortunately i feel that nowadays peoples hands are tied and there is too much red tape around everything.. the presenters have so many rules to follow and so much crap to promote to keep the station alive that music and talent have moved into the back seat while corporate and greed are now driving.. its sad to see, because you can see raw talent pouring out of some presenters when they are unrestricted and free on an unlicensed stations where the passion is for the music and the station, and they get a gig on legal and they are completely different character because they now have a PD to answer too, they have a script to read from, and they have their list of songs picked for them.. you can understand how deflated you would feel when you have been doing it for the love and now your just a robot, of course your going to sound different when your linking because now its a JOB and not a passion...

Radio should be about ART!! be it Music/ Comedy/ Entertainment/ discussion... but so much focus is now on radio being a business that all these things have taken a back seat so marketing can make all the fat cats happy... hence the reason we have so many stations on this island that ALL sound the same.. because they are all jumping on the same business model, all going for the same demographic and all selling out to greed...

Its about time they offered up a low powered fm license to genuine lovers of music to play good music and raise good talent on, sure, make it so that they must be self funded by fundraising and follow the rules set out by the BCI.. but at least offer us a choice.. surely we can all sit down and draw up a contract for low powered stations to fill in the Massive gap that is seen as "not financially worth playing" so at least if your not into the kind of stuff the main stations play you might still have a choice I for one would jump at the chance to operate legally under such a scheme and know for a fact that many others would.. working closely with the BCI i am sure that such a scheme could be implemented across the country, and not affect the big boys because we would be operating outside of their demographic and playing to an audience that listen to a completely different genre..

But hey.. we can always dream huh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Real FM

What??? Are you guys implying that people on Boards prefer whinging and giving out about everything? Surely not.

You all must be deluded.

Advertisement