Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port forwarding with Magnet on a Telsey router

Options
  • 15-04-2009 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I recently purchased a slingbox but I can't get it to work as my ISP is Magnet and they don't support port forwarding.
    Has anyone managed to get around this issue? I'm using the telsey router that they supplied.
    I've heard you may be able to get around the problem by connecting a wireless router to the telsey router and configuring the port forwarding through that. Has anyone tried this?? I don't want to go out and buy a wireless router to find out that this approach doesn't work!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Liffeyman

drealmrt wrote: »
    I recently purchased a slingbox but I can't get it to work as my ISP is Magnet and they don't support port forwarding.
    Has anyone managed to get around this issue? I'm using the telsey router that they supplied.
    I've heard you may be able to get around the problem by connecting a wireless router to the telsey router and configuring the port forwarding through that. Has anyone tried this?? I don't want to go out and buy a wireless router to find out that this approach doesn't work!

Hi,

I have a slingbox with magnet telecom (telsey modem) and i had to buy a cheap wireless router to get around the problem with the telsey modem, just buy something cheap, i bought a belkin from komplett for around 40€ i think

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 drealmrt

Liffeyman wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a slingbox with magnet telecom (telsey modem) and i had to buy a cheap wireless router to get around the problem with the telsey modem, just buy something cheap, i bought a belkin from komplett for around 40€ i think

Paul

Cheers Paul, that's the route I took also.. A friend had a spare wireless router and it works perfectly through that.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

hi guys have you got the name of the belkin router you are using with magnet thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Rather_b_diving

Magnet put the modem in bridge mode so you don't need to port forward. The Slingbox will get a public IP as there's no NAT.

It should be plug and play!!

Advertisement