Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What wireless routers do you use?

• 15-04-2009 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭

What wireless routers do you use?

I have eircom broadband and a netopia router and the xbox is connected to the wireless network, and the router keeps dropping the wireless connection. It has to be rebooted to get the wireless working again, a total pain when it comes to playing online.

So I am going to get a new one, and if any of you can recommend a decent one, that would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

yeah i have a netgear dg834g v3, think i got it in pc world, works a treat, I can get live with no lag (3-4bars) 150 meters away in another house than what the router is in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    yeah i have a netgear dg834g v3, think i got it in pc world, works a treat, I can get live with no lag (3-4bars) 150 meters away in another house than what the router is in!

Thanks, how much did that one set you back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

around 150 mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Something like this will be grand Batman. Only 60 quid too

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1911599/art/linksys/wag54g2-54-mbps-adsl2-wir.html

We've been using one of these at work for ages and it's never disconnected.

A lot of my mates have the same problem and they are all with Eircom, might be something to think about! (they are useless!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I have a Buffalo GYR 54 and it works ok but it is old so im thining of getting a new one. It was only 60 yoyo in PC world like 5 years ago and its still going ok.

• Advertisement

The Netgear DG834G or Linksys WAG54G2 so, I will check em out, thanks lads.

Cheers Bombleswizzum, but the only choices for broadband where I live are BT or Eircom 3mb lines. Its been fine for gaming, except the router wireless problems.

Ordered the netgear, 77quid from pixmania, not too bad, went for the 48 hour delivery option too, only cost 5 euro more.

Advertisement