Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche fees in Sandyford - most expensive ?

Options
  • 15-04-2009 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi I have my two year old currently in a creche in Sandyford.
    Fees there are 1010euro pm.
    My second will be one in a few months and apparently there is a 10% reduction for number 2 (only applied to number 2).
    i.e. 1919e per month I am about to be hit with.

Anyone know any cheaper alternatives in Sandyford ?
    Is anywhere more expensive than Sandyford for creche fees ?
    Regards
    Anne

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Contact your local County Childcare Committe and they will be able to give you a list of creches and you can phone them up and compare prices.

you should also look at a community creches, they are a lot cheaper

i am not sure if Sandyford is South Dublin or Dun Laoghaire Rathdown but here to both contact details

South Dublin County Childcare Committee

Civic Offices, Ninth Lock road, Clondalkin, Dublin 22
    Tel.: 01 457 01 22
    Fax: 01 457 0322
    Email: info@southdublinchildcare.ie

Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Childcare Committee

5a Woodpark, Sallynoggin, County Dublin
    Tel.: 01 236 80 30
    Fax: 01 236 80 12
    Email: info@dlrcountychildcare.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Childcare Committee

5a Woodpark, Sallynoggin, County Dublin
    Tel.: 01 236 80 30
    Fax: 01 236 80 12
    Email: info@dlrcountychildcare.ie

Good links! By the way, little typo there: the URL for DL is www.dlrcountychildcare.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

"1010" thats cheap. We pay 1100 for our toddler in Park Academy Delgany, Co Wicklow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nora1

I have a child in a creche in Sandyford. The fee for a full time place is 930 per month. My son only goes in four days and we pay 900 which is fair enough, I think as they wouldn't be able to get another child for the day he doesn't go in. It sounds like you are paying a little over the odds. I'm sure you would pay less than 1900 per month to get someone in to mind two children in your home and probably do some housework too. I think it costs about 450 per week to get someone in.

I feel your pain though. I'm from Kildare and have friends who pay only 800 euro per month to have two children minded in a creche in Kildare. It's less than half the price of what we pay in Dublin. Plus we have the joy of having bigger mortgages in Dublin.

Advertisement