Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Vs Barcelona CL SF

• 15-04-2009 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else quite excited about this game? I think it will be quite different from the very nip and tuck affair between Barca and man U at the same stage last year.

I think Barca has a clean bill of health suspensions wise, do i do not know who is threading on eggshells suspension wise (is it 2 or 3 bookings lead to a suspension?). Ashley Cole will be missing for Chelsea for the 1st leg which is a blow to Chelsea as they do not have another left back available. Messi could do some damage there.

All in all, should be two great ties. My prediction is Chelsea to edge it 3-2 on aggregate.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

This thread is about 3 weeks too early...

Barca to go through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

As with any tie anything can happen but why would you think Chelsea will edge it?
    I'll say one thing, after seeing the amount of goals in the Chelsea v Pool tie and the way Barca were scoring against Bayern at home then we can expect a goal fest again in this tie. Chelsea leaking goals and scoring loads against Pool who have been pretty solid defensively. Barca who can score for fun but have a dodgy enough looking defense.
    Cole being out is a big blow for Chelski.

Can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Frisbee wrote: »
    This thread is about 3 weeks too early...

Barca to go through

Well the second leg will be played 3 weeks today, and it is not like threads have ben sdtarted early here before.

but why would you think Chelsea will edge it?
    I'll say one thing, after seeing the amount of goals in the Chelsea v Pool tie and the way Barca were scoring against Bayern at home then we can expect a goal fest again in this tie. Chelsea leaking goals and scoring loads against Pool who have been pretty solid defensively. Barca who can score for fun but have a dodgy enough looking defense.

It is because of Barcas defence. I have no confidence in it. I think the likes of Drogba would frighten the life out of Barcas centre halves. Essien Vs Xavi is an enthralling prospect. The person who gets the better of this gives his team a real edge. That is, assuming Essien is not drafted as an emergency left full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Messi is on a yellow already from the first Bayern game so needs to be careful. Chelsea will in all certainty try and provoke him in the first leg to gt him suspended. A.Cole is suspended for Chelsea which means their first choice LB who would have to deal with Messi is out. Barca will win I am certain as their attack is far to strong for an average at best Chelsea defence who now have a liability of keeper who has lost his nerve. This Chelsea side are weaker than last seasons. The first leg is in 13 days from now at the Camp Nou.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Barca may be entering the toughest fixture list in the history of football over the next month or so;

22 - vs. Sevilla
    26 - @ Valencia
    28 - vs. Chelsea
    03 - @ Real Madrid
    06 - @ Chelsea
    10 - vs. Villarreal
    13 - vs. Athletic Bilbao (Copa Del Rey final)

That could conceivably see Barca lose the league, CL and Copa Del Rey in less than 26 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

It'll be a great match from a neutrals perspective. I personally think that Barca will slaughter Chelsea. They're a cut above Chelsea in many ways I think.

Can't wait for both semi finals now to be honest.

eZe^ wrote: »
    Barca may be entering the toughest fixture list in the history of football over the next month or so;

22 - vs. Sevilla
    26 - @ Valencia
    28 - vs. Chelsea
    03 - @ Real Madrid
    06 - @ Chelsea
    10 - vs. Villarreal
    13 - vs. Athletic Bilbao (Copa Del Rey final)

That could conceivably see Barca lose the league, CL and Copa Del Rey in less than 26 days.

God effort brother but no cigar :D

Saturday, 18 April 2009
    The FA Cup sponsored by E.ON
    Arsenal v Chelsea, SF, 17:15
    Tuesday, 21 April 2009
    Barclays Premier League
    Liverpool v Arsenal, 20:00
    Sunday, 26 April 2009
    Barclays Premier League
    Arsenal v Middlesbrough, 13:30
    Wednesday, 29 April 2009
    UEFA Champions League
    Man Utd v Arsenal, SF, L1, 19:45
    Saturday, 02 May 2009
    Barclays Premier League
    Portsmouth v Arsenal, 15:00
    Tuesday, 05 May 2009
    UEFA Champions League
    Arsenal v Man Utd, SF, L2, 19:45
    Sunday, 10 May 2009
    Barclays Premier League
    Arsenal v Chelsea, 16:00
    Saturday, 16 May 2009
    Barclays Premier League
    Man Utd v Arsenal, 12:45
    Sunday, 24 May 2009
    Barclays Premier League
    Arsenal v Stoke, 16:00

6 of those are league games, Arsenal have basically secured a CL spot, and are not in with a title shout, so their league matches are nowhere near as important as Barcas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

redout wrote: »
    God effort brother but no cigar :D

Saturday, 18 April 2009
    The FA Cup sponsored by E.ON
    Arsenal v Chelsea, SF, 17:15
    Tuesday, 21 April 2009
    Barclays Premier League
    Liverpool v Arsenal, 20:00
    Sunday, 26 April 2009
    Barclays Premier League
    Arsenal v Middlesbrough, 13:30
    Wednesday, 29 April 2009
    UEFA Champions League
    Man Utd v Arsenal, SF, L1, 19:45
    Saturday, 02 May 2009
    Barclays Premier League
    Portsmouth v Arsenal, 15:00
    Tuesday, 05 May 2009
    UEFA Champions League
    Arsenal v Man Utd, SF, L2, 19:45
    Sunday, 10 May 2009
    Barclays Premier League
    Arsenal v Chelsea, 16:00
    Saturday, 16 May 2009
    Barclays Premier League
    Man Utd v Arsenal, 12:45
    Sunday, 24 May 2009
    Barclays Premier League
    Arsenal v Stoke, 16:00

Fook me :eek:

Hefty fixtures there.

6 of those are league games, Arsenal have basically secured a CL spot, and are not in with a title shout, so their league matches are nowhere near as important as Barcas.

I wouldnt agree. With league games against Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea they can still get 2nd and a automatic CL spot. Difficult I know but there remaining fixtures if won give them a good chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'd fancy Barcelona strongly.

People commenting on Barcelona's perceived weak defense should look at the shambolic defending in last night's game between Liverpool and Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

keane2097 wrote: »
    I'd fancy Barcelona strongly.

People commenting on Barcelona's perceived weak defense should look at the shambolic defending in last night's game between Liverpool and Chelsea.

I dont

i fancy chelsea espesically with drogba going up against pique or puyol

cole is a huge loss for chelsea thou

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

i will be looking forward to this game, it will hopefully be a cracker!

for the moment though, im gearing up for the game against arsenal, hopefully it will also be one to remember.

come on the blues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I don't know I think Puyol will relish playing against Drogba. It's the fast tricky players he struggles against. See him sliding on his arse vs Ribery last night as I must have seen him doing about 50 times in his career (yet Paul McShane does it and he's never forgiven - joke, kind of ;)).

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Who is expected to fill in at LB for Chelsea?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Barcelona's defence - hurrah!

In order to test them, Chelsea have to get the ball off Xavi, Iniesta and even Puyol, Pique, Marquez et al..and keep the ball themselves too. As Man United proved against a much poorer Barcelona last season, that's easier said than done with Barcelona dominating the ball in both games and United not able to get at the back line much.

Yet every season, the same stuff comes out about the defence. They defend by possession. And there's no one better at possession than Barcelona's entire line-up.

dfx- wrote: »
    Barcelona's defence - hurrah!

In order to test them, Chelsea have to get the ball off Xavi, Iniesta and even Puyol, Pique, Marquez et al..and keep the ball themselves too. As Man United proved against a much poorer Barcelona last season, that's easier said than done with Barcelona dominating the ball in both games and United not able to get at the back line much.

Yet every season, the same stuff comes out about the defence. They defend by possession. And there's no one better at possession than Barcelona's entire line-up.

Thats bollox brother. Take it from someome who watches both Barca and United every week. Barca had a torrid time in la liga last season no question but the two United games they raised their game and actually played like Barcelona. Uniteds defence is (not so much of late, although last night with Ferd + Vida back together was back to business) far superior to Chelsea's and Barca should score. Cech has lost his nerve, they cant defend long balls although bought sides must ease on the side of caution as they have some important players in danger of suspension especially Barca.

Chelsea Yellows: Anelka, Ivanovic, Carvalho (Ashley Cole suspended for Barcelona 1st leg)

FC Barcelona Yellows: Busquets, Puyol, Alves, Messi

Someone said tuesday night think it Giles, Haughton and Dunphy that Barcelona are getting all the hype but that they wont be truly tested until they face an English side and I have to admit the lads were spot on. Lyon and Bayern never gave them a challenge at all although if Bayern didnt have their entire defence practically and Klose missing the first leg it most certainly would have been a close game. The 2nd leg draw with Bayern having captain Lucio and Lahm back proved that although they were still without Schweinsteiger, Klose and one of the CBs. Chelsea will not be rolled over by Barca and neither will any of the English sides remaining although they will be high quality games no doubt. The way Arsenal are playing now with Fab back would make a Barca v Arsenal final a dream. Walcotts finish last night anyone ? Henry would have been proud.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Thats bollox brother. Take it from someome who watches both Barca and United every week. Barca had a torrid time in la liga last season no question but the two United games they raised their game and actually played like Barcelona. Uniteds defence is (not so much of late, although last night with Ferd + Vida back together was back to business) far superior to Chelsea's and Barca should score. Cech has lost his nerve, they cant defend long balls although bought sides must ease on the side of caution as they have some important players in danger of suspension especially Barca.

Chelsea Yellows: Anelka, Ivanovic, Carvalho (Ashley Cole suspended for Barcelona 1st leg)

FC Barcelona Yellows: Busquets, Puyol, Alves, Messi

Barcelona are far superior to last season in their willingness to come back from behind, they're more clinical than last season. They're scoring a record of goals. Henry is a different player, Messi is actually fit, Eto'o isn't sulking, they're not carrying Ronaldinho or Deco and Iniesta and Xavi are in the form of their lives.

Last season 1-0 down so many times, Barcelona were in big trouble because they had no cutting edge. Not this season. Their confidence is sky high - it wasn't last season.

I'm not saying Barcelona will roll Chelsea over, what I'm saying is that Chelsea need the ball to attack this supposed weak defence and as United proved last season, they'll struggle to have that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

If I were a betting man, my money would definitely be on Chelsea for this game. In my opinion, Chelsea have stronger players all around the pitch (especially defence). Barca fan boys could be in for a shock imo. We'll see.

• Advertisement

K4t wrote: »
    If I were a betting man, my money would definitely be on Chelsea for this game. In my opinion, Chelsea have stronger players all around the pitch (especially defence). Barca fan boys could be in for a shock imo. We'll see.

Xavi - Lampard
    Messi - J.Cole
    Eto'o - Drogba
    Iniesta - Essien (Even - Iniesta in attack - Essien in defence)
    Henry - Anelka

?

K4t wrote: »

What does that even mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Xavi - Lampard
    Messi - J.Cole
    Eto'o - Drogba
    Henry - Anelka

?

I think he's referring to physically stronger. But I'm not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

If Barca play to their potential this tie will be all over after the first leg, the way they blitzed Lyon and Bayern scoring 4 goals in the first half was awesome. They are the best team in the world this season playing the best football i have seen in many a year.

People can waffle all they want about them not having played an English team this year but all will be revealed in this years CL. They are technically superior to the PL teams and will have a minimum of 60% possession playing the likes of Chelsea or Man Utd. This Barca team is better than the Barca team that played Man Utd last year and by some distance, Guardiola has done a fantastic job this year, rotating the squad perfectly.

Barca should win the first leg by a minimum of 2 goals and will go on to face Arsenal in the final. It would be a success for football if Barca go on to win the CL this year playing the game the way it should be played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

I cant wait 3 weeks for this ..its going to great . Defo see Chelsea comming out on top and winning both games. Especially if Chelsea take the same approach as the 1st leg in Liverpool

Chelsea will win this tie and win the CL. The team that beats the team that beats Real win the CL, everyone knows that.. :D
    Barr wrote: »
    I cant wait 3 weeks for this ..its going to great . Defo see Chelsea comming out on top and winning both games. Especially if Chelsea take the same approach as the 1st leg in Liverpool

The only English team ever to win at the Camp Nou is Liverpool, fair enough Chelsea to go through, but to see them win both games is a little unrealistic considering how good Barca have been this year, especially at home.

Chelsea will win this tie and win the CL. The team that beats the team that beats Real win the CL, everyone knows that.. :D

The only English team ever to win at the Camp Nou is Liverpool, fair enough Chelsea to go through, but to see them win both games is a little unrealistic considering how good Barca have been this year, especially at home.

I see your afraid to be positive. :)

WTF !

Did you actually say you reckon Chelsea will advance to the final ? :confused:

Negative vibes man

Chart_2b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Xavi - Lampard
    Messi - J.Cole
    Eto'o - Drogba
    Henry - Anelka
    Messi is in a class of his own in the same way Ronaldo is. Lampard is a greater goal threat than Xavi and Drogba on form is definitely as good as Eto'o. Anelka has scored a fair few already this season. Essien is a better footballer and leader than Iniesta. This is all my opinion. As I said before, we will see in three weeks time.
    Warper wrote: »
    If Barca play to their potential this tie will be all over after the first leg, the way they blitzed Lyon and Bayern scoring 4 goals in the first half was awesome. They are the best team in the world this season playing the best football i have seen in many a year.
    Are you honestly comparing Chelsea to Bayern and Lyon?! I love these sensationalistic statements, "over after the first leg", :D

I think you lads are talking out of your arses tbh. Feel free to quote me all of this after the two matches though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

sorry Eze, but i think Chelsea will win this.

I still love you though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Am convinced that Chelsea are going to go through to the final. Would love a Chelsea v Arsenal final actually.

I cant understand why people would like to see another All-English Final eg Chelsea/Arsenal, sure you can see that tomorrow in the FA Cup and at least 2 more times during the season. TBH i would rather see Barca beat Utd in the Final this year rather than Arsenal as it would add a nice gloss to their triumphant season and would probably make Ronaldo cry.

Looks like Carvalho is now certain to miss this game, not that i think that was ever in doubt. Bosingwa is favourite to start left back. Failing that, it will be Mancienne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

bump

its looking like boswinga will be up against Messi

going for 2-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Personally, I'm rooting for Barca. Would just prefer them in the final, as I think a final against them from either United or Arsenal would show the world that attacking football is the way to go.

That said, I think we're more likely to beat Chelsea so maybe I should be rooting for them :)

If we progress, I'd prefer Chelsea.
    If we go out, I'd prefer Barca.

That said, I think i'll just cheer on Barca either way :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Barca to walk all over Chelsea and progress by at least 2 clear goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I would have Chelsea as marginal favourites to through.

Should be a cracker though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Looking forward to this one, Think its going to be a cracker, See lots of goals over both legs.
    chelsea win 2-1 at the bridge , but go out to a 3-1 result in spain :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Barca certainly have the chance to prove they are the best in the world in the next couple of weeks.

Valencia Away
    Chelsea Home
    Real Madrid Away
    Chelsea Away.

I know Chelsea have not conceeded the title, but no one will blame Hiddink if they don't win, all the pressure on Barca.

Interestingly, and bizarrely, Chelsea and Arsenal to progress is 28/1 on Skybet!!!

I think Chelsea will get a draw at the camp Nou, and win 2-1 at The Bridge. I cannot see the Barca defense coping with Drogba.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I think Chelsea will destroy Barca over 2 legs......and I don't like Chelsea.

gimmick wrote: »
    Interestingly, and bizarrely, Chelsea and Arsenal to progress is 28/1 on Skybet!!!
    I think Chelsea will get a draw at the camp Nou, and win 2-1 at The Bridge. I cannot see the Barca defense coping with Drogba.

That cant be right - I think that is probably for the double in this weeks matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Paddy power reckons Barca to go through (To Qualify for the Next Round Barcelona 8/15 Chelsea 11/8 )

My money is on Chelsea

I would be very surprised if Barca don't in this over 2 legs.

Chelsea would have to play like noone else has all season.
    I personally hope Barcas style shines through and they win.

Oh and Bosingwa marking Messi? His best attribute is going forward so why not stick someone who'll just man mark him out there.

Warper wrote: »
    That cant be right - I think that is probably for the double in this weeks matches.

Ya, you are right

http://www.skybet.com/skybet?action=GoEvType&id=10004135&aff=705

Champions League - Match facts: Barcelona v Chelsea
    Eurosport - Mon, 27 Apr 13:46:00 2009

Facts and figures ahead of Barcelona's Champions League semi-final first-leg clash with Chelsea at the Camp Nou.

This will be the 12th competitive meeting between these two sides in Europe. Chelsea have won four and Barcelona have prevailed in five of these.

The Catalans have managed just one win in their last five games against Chelsea in Europe - this did come at Stamford Bridge however.

Didier Drogba scored in both legs of the last Champions League tie that these two sides met.

Drogba has scored in each of Chelsea's last five Champions League matches.

Frank Lampard has managed to score in three of the last five meetings between these two teams.

Lionel Messi has managed eight goals in his last eight Champions League appearances and is the competition's top goalscorer.

Barcelona have scored in each of their 10 Champions League games this season - the only side left in the competition to do so.

Chelsea are unbeaten in their last seven Champions League matches against Spanish opposition.

Barcelona are one of only three away sides to manage a win at Stamford Bridge in the Champions League (along with Lazio and Besiktas).

Of the sides left in the competition, Barcelona have the oldest squad; each player is 26.1 years old on average.

Josep Guardiola's side have only managed to win once in their last six Champions League matches against English opposition.

Barcelona have been knocked out of the competition by an English side in the last two seasons - last term they exited at the semi-final stage to Manchester United.

The Spanish side have only won three of their last seven Champions League matches.

Chelsea have only suffered one defeat in their last 14 games in the Champions League.

Chelsea are unbeaten in 17 Champions League matches at home. The last time to defeat them at Stamford Bridge in this competition was Barcelona in February 2006.

Barcelona have scored more goals (29) and attempted more shots (141) than any other side in the competition this season.

Xavi has assisted six goals in the Champions League so far this season - more than any other player.

Chelsea keeper Petr Cech is the only player left remaining in the competition to have played every single minute so far (900).

Champions League - Statbox: Barcelona v Chelsea
    Eurosport - Mon, 27 Apr 13:17:00 2009

Facts and figures relating to Tuesday's Champions League semi-final, first leg match between Barcelona and Chelsea at Nou Camp.

More StoriesStopping Messi Hiddink's main concern
    Chelsea team page
    ..BARCELONA v CHELSEA

Head-to-head record

Played: 11

Wins: Barcelona 5, Chelsea 4, Draws 2

Goals: Barcelona 22, Chelsea 16

Previous games

Inter Cities Fairs Cup: SF 27.04.66 Barcelona 2 Chelsea 0

11.05.66 Chelsea 2 Barcelona 0

25.05.66 Barcelona 5 Chelsea 0

(play-off in Barcelona)

Champions League: QF 5.04.00 Chelsea 3 Barcelona 1

18.04.00 Barcelona 5 Chelsea 1 (aet)

Champions League: KO 23.02.05 Barcelona 2 Chelsea 1

8.03.05 Chelsea 4 Barcelona 2

Champions League: KO 22.02.06 Chelsea 1 Barcelona 2

7.03.06 Barcelona 1 Chelsea 1

Champions League: GP 18.10.06 Chelsea 1 Barcelona 0

31.10.06 Barcelona 2 Chelsea 2

Past history

Barcelona - Semis Finals Titles

Champions League: 5 2 1

European Cup overall: 10 5 2

All European comps: 24 15 9

Chelsea

Champions League: 4 1 0

European Cup overall: 4 1 0

All European comps: 9 3 2

Champions League 2008-09 record P W D L F A

Barcelona 10 6 3 1 29 12

Chelsea 10 5 4 1 19 12

Most appearances

Barcelona - Lionel Messi, Gerard Pique, Victor Valdes, Xavi 9

Chelsea - Nicolas Anelka, Petr Cech 10

Leading scorers:

Barcelona - Lionel Messi 8, Thierry Henry 5, Samuel Eto'o 3, Bojan 3

Chelsea - Didier Drogba 5, Frank Lampard 3

Champions League overall record P W D L F A

Barcelona 131 73 33 25 253 139

Chelsea 81 40 25 16 124 70

Most appearances

Barcelona - Xavi 85

Chelsea - Frank Lampard 63

Top scorer

Barcelona - Rivaldo 22

Chelsea - Didier Drogba 23

Barcelona have failed to score in their last four semi-finals at the Nou Camp, in Champions League including last season when they drew 0-0 before losing 1-0 away to Manchester United. In the 2006 Champions League semis, they drew 0-0 with Milan. They lost 2-0 to Real Madrid four years earlier in the Champions League and in the 2001 UEFA Cup they drew 0-0 with Liverpool.

Barcelona have not won any of their last four home games against English teams but they have lost only one of the last 19 - a 2-1 reverse to Liverpool in the Champions League knockout round two seasons ago.

Barcelona are meeting a British teams for the 12th consecutive season. This match will be their 59th European game against an English club and their 28th in the Champions League.

Since beating Arsenal in the 2006 Champions League final, a pairing which could be repeated this year, Barcelona have been knocked out of Europe twice in a row by English teams - Liverpool and Manchester United.

Chelsea have not won on any of their six previous visits to Barcelona but they did draw the last two.

Chelsea have not lost any of their last seven matches against Spanish Champions League clubs and are unbeaten on their last four visits to Spain.

Chelsea have lost all six semi-final matches they have played outside England, in Champions League including two against Barcelona in the Fairs Cup in 1966 when they went out 5-0 in a play-off in the Spanish city. They have scored just one goal in those six games and conceded 15.

Chelsea keeper Petr Cech is the only player left in the competition who has played every minute of all his team's 10 games to date.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/27042009/58/champions-league-statbox-barcelona-v-chelsea.html

I am off to this tomorrow night lads. Trying to get tickets since they went on sale on friday and eventully got lucky this morning after some season ticket holders returned tickets and they put them back on sale to the public. Hope Barca destroy Chelsea. Cant wait for Boswinga v Messi. Rumour has it Essien is going to stick to Xavi like glue much like he done with Gerrard. Stop Xavi you stop Barca.

Lucky lucky bastid.

Essien man marking Xavi makes alot of sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I don't know, Iniesta has turned into a real dictator of games in the last couple of years too. Should be interesting anyway. Can't wait.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I can't wait for this. The unstoppable force meets the difficult to move object :p

Not sure who I'll be up for. Probably Barca, although I think Arsenal would have a better chance against Chelsea.

• Advertisement
Advertisement