Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Vs Barcelona CL SF

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I would be very surprised, I won't say shocked, if Barcelona don't dominate this match from start to finish.
    I will make a bold prediction that Barcelona will score at least 2 goals.

I think I'll predict 3-1 actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Messi does as much diving, rolling about on the deck and trying to get other players booked as much as Ronaldo.

This is 100% incorrect. Messi is far from innocent in this regard, but to say he does it as much as Ronaldo is a joke. FFS, I have seen more of the latter on his ass whinging over some imagined slight than actually running with the ball this season. Anyway, thats not what this topic is about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Listen Barcelona will win this game and then go on to win the CL - end of. I have been saying this all season and no matter what Barca do some people keep on coming up with the same crap - no defense, one man team, crap league etc. etc. and to all those doubters just sit back and enjoy a team playing football the way it is meant to be played not like your hoof the ball English teams (bar Arsenal).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

4-2 to Barca!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Right let me get this straight....this is the chelsea v barca thread???

Not the Ronaldo moan moan moan thread???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Bosingwa playing at left full might be a blessing in disguise for Chelsea. The fact that Messi also plays on 'the wrong side' means when the Barca man cuts in on his left, Bosingwa will be tackling with his stronger right foot unlike Ashley Cole would have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

gimmick wrote: »
    This is 100% incorrect. Messi is far from innocent in this regard, but to say he does it as much as Ronaldo is a joke. FFS, I have seen more of the latter on his ass whinging over some imagined slight than actually running with the ball this season. Anyway, thats not what this topic is about.

How do you know it's 100% incorrect? Have you watched every barca game and every United game this season and added up the amount of times that both players have looked for a free when they didn't deserve it.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Bosingwa playing at left full might be a blessing in disguise for Chelsea. The fact that Messi also plays on 'the wrong side' means when the Barca man cuts in on his left, Bosingwa will be tackling with his stronger right foot unlike Ashley Cole would have been.

Lol, never even thought about it like that, good point. Even still he's going to have his hands full tonight.

deisedevil wrote: »
    How do you know it's 100% incorrect? Have you watched every barca game and every United game this season and added up the amount of times that both players have looked for a free when they didn't deserve it.

I have watched enough Barca games to say that Messi does not go over at the slightest oppurtunity. But thats not what this topic is about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

JPA wrote: »
    I would be very surprised, I won't say shocked, if Barcelona don't dominate this match from start to finish.
    I will make a bold prediction that Barcelona will score at least 2 goals.

I think I'll predict 3-1 actually.

Believe. :)

camp+Nou.mundo.deportivo.jpg

• Advertisement

Where you watching Eze? Gang of us headed to flannerys

Either New Bar in UCC, or Old Oak, it's my friends 21st and he's a dry balls and doesn't want to go to a pub that's good for watching the match, he just wants a big open space for all his friends.. Selfish pr*ck... :pac::pac:. If we do well you'll see me around the city, I'll be the Spanish looking person running around Patrick street shouting the Barcelona Hymn.... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Very excited now - it should be a great game.

Dunno who I'll be cheering for, but probably Barca.

I reckon they'll win by maybe 2-0

eZe^ wrote: »
    Either New Bar in UCC, or Old Oak, it's my friends 21st and he's a dry balls and doesn't want to go to a pub that's good for watching the match, he just wants a big open space for all his friends.. Selfish pr*ck... :pac::pac:. If we do well you'll see me around the city, I'll be the Spanish looking person running around Patrick street shouting the Barcelona Hymn.... :pac:

Might see you there - I'll say hello :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Warper wrote: »
    Listen Barcelona will win this game and then go on to win the CL - end of. I have been saying this all season and no matter what Barca do some people keep on coming up with the same crap - no defense, one man team, crap league etc. etc. and to all those doubters just sit back and enjoy a team playing football the way it is meant to be played not like your hoof the ball English teams (bar Arsenal).

Cant argue with that.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Might see you there - I'll say hello :)

Do it, if I'm there you'll definitely recognise me! Won't be wearing the blaugrana though unfortunately...

Warper wrote: »

Is the best team the one who wins it out or the one who plays pretty football more than the rest?

Here's what Paul Scholes thinks and he should know, he has more CL medals and league medals than any of the Barca players:

"We don't really care how good it is to watch or how much pretty football is played, as long as we get through to Rome."

I'd take that any day over playing some nice football and getting dumped out. You have to strike a balance!

Is the best team the one who wins it out or the one who plays pretty football more than the rest?

Here's what Paul Scholes thinks and he should know, he has more CL medals and league medals than any of the Barca players:

"We don't really care how good it is to watch or how much pretty football is played, as long as we get through to Rome."

I'd take that any day over playing some nice football and getting dumped out. You have to strike a balance!

It's all about who lifts the trophy man - anyone who says anything else is simply a loser.

EDIT: 2000 posts - w00t!

Funny that, considering Xavi and Iniesta were tearing it up at the Euros, winning the competition in style, while every English football player sat at home and watched it on tv.

• Advertisement

Funny that, considering Xavi and Iniesta were tearing it up at the Euros, winning the competition in style, while every English football player sat at home and watched it on tv.

What's that got to do with winning the CL, pretty football and a quote from Paul Scholes?

What's that got to do with winning the CL, pretty football and a quote from Paul Scholes?

You're saying you'd rather win a major competition ugly rather than not winning at all. I'm saying that it's well in Barcelona's capabilities to win the competition in style, as their players have proved when Spain triumphed at the Euros. Barcelona will stick to their philosophy, quit moaning about and accept the fact they won't change for anyone. If that costs us a title or two so be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

You're saying you'd rather win a major competition ugly rather than not winning at all. I'm saying that it's well in Barcelona's capabilities to win the competition in style, as their players have proved when Spain triumphed at the Euros. Barcelona will stick to their philosophy, quit moaning about and accept the fact they won't change for anyone. If that costs us a title or two so be it.

you'd sacrifice a 'a title or two' for pretty football?

riiiight.

quarryman wrote: »
    you'd sacrifice a 'a title or two' for pretty football?

riiiight.

Well we most certainly have done so in the past. Barcelona are a club that are built on an attacking mentality, that's the clubs ethos, thus, they sign players who fit that particular mould. These players aren't capable of playing in powerhouse manner that Jose's Chelsea team have done in the past, or the patient defense of some of the legendary Milan teams. It's just how the club is run, and in certain situations this approach may be detrimental to a season or two (eg- last year). You just have to deal with it and accept it. I read this post on another forum and agree 100% with it, sums up my feelings on the matter.

Put Drogba in Barcelona and he will fail, put Eto'o in Chelsea and he will fail. Drogba likes to get fired up and ****ing run like a buldozer where Eto'o loves delicacy. Drogba won't find that same power, speed, and adrenaline at Barcelona while Eto'o won't find the patience, the wit, the smarts in Chelsea. Check Deco, besides the fact that he is a lazy mother****er now, and that he is older, he did not fit in for too long because he can't bring his sexyness to the team. Eto'o will never ever latch onto a ball the same way Drogba did against Liverpool, but then again, he wouldn't need to because he knows how to get on the better side of the defender.

Drogba assists and opens up defenses for team mates, which is great but when needed Eto'o did the same.

Eto'o succeeded at Madrid youth, at Mallorca, has won two leagues with Barcelona and succeeded where Drogba failed, Champions League. I am not too familiar with Drogba's career before Chelsea, can anyone share?

People become too absorbed in other player's achievements and want them for themselves forgetting the club they celebrate. I don't blame them, everyone wants the best there is out there for the club but be rational. Hoping for Drogba to go to Barcelona because he is offers something different to Eto'o is silly because I don't remember a single match where Barcelona played a single game the way Chelsea played. Check out all the players for Manchester who succeeded, they are all in the same mould including Ronaldo in how hard he works. Check out all the grity players Madrid got and succeeded with.

There is a code to each team. No code is better than the other; they all work, but abandoning the code leads to the failure of the club. The success of the club depends on how each team respects the code and how fiercely do they stamp it on every match. Eto'o doesn't fit Chelsea's code, and neither does Drogba with Barcelona.

Terry did himself the biggest favour. He refused a move to Barcelona because of the different ethics at the club.

Good post above although you didn't write it.
    A lot of mentality in football is about 100% winning, whether that's a 5-0 or a last minute own goal.

It's hard to imagine for some a mentality of playing good football and entertaining being the purpose for a clubs existence.

JPA wrote: »
    It's hard to imagine for some a mentality of playing good football and entertaining being the purpose for a clubs existence.

That's the thing, I'm NOT at all saying that I happily see my team lose because they can't play gritty. I'm saying I've accepted that because it's a philosophy at the club I support. It's why Essien wouldn't be as good at Barca, or Xavi as good at Chelsea. Not because Barca refuse to play powerhouse football, but because they can do it in no way as proficiently as Chelsea.

• Advertisement

That's the thing, I'm NOT at all saying that I happily see my team lose because they can't play gritty. I'm saying I've accepted that because it's a philosophy at the club I support. It's why Essien wouldn't be as good at Barca, or Xavi as good at Chelsea. Not because Barca refuse to play powerhouse football, but because they can do it in no way as proficiently as Chelsea.

Well most teams are open to changing their style depending on whoever their manager is at the time. Only a few clubs will purposefully hire a manager who will keep up a certain style, whatever that style may be.

Guess Barca and Madrid are old fashioned c*cks then. ;)

Well we most certainly have done so in the past. Barcelona are a club that are built on an attacking mentality, that's the clubs ethos, thus, they sign players who fit that particular mould.

Same can be said about Man Utd but they have been more successful over the last 20 years: Man Utd: 10 PL, 5 FA cups and 2 CL's in 20 years, Barca: 8 La Ligas, 4 Copa Del Rey's, 2 CL's.

They are close but United are still ahead, I think it's because they get the balance right. It's all well and good throwing caution to the wind and concentrating more on the attacking side of the game but what can be equally as beautiful is the defensive side of the game and your less likely to throw away games you should have scrope through (like United against porto away) and I will always prefer the team who has 40:60 in favour of attack rather than 20:80. Then you have the current Chelsea team who are about 50:50, I think this will win out over both legs provided Chelsea handle the main Barca providers, Iniesta and Xavi, not as easy as saying it, lol.

Why take 20 years? Because that's when Manchester United started getting most successful? Why not look at the two clubs entire histories?

Barca

19 league titles (never relegated)
    2 European cups
    24 Copa Del Reys (originally the league, before La Liga started)
    4 Cup winners cups

Man Utd

17 league titles (+2 second division titles)
    3 European cups
    11 Fa Cups
    1 Cup winners cup

20 years was such a nice convenient time span for you to pick to prove how Man United are a more sucessful club to Barca eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

This game should be good, can't wait!!!! :)

• Advertisement

Why take 20 years? Because that's when Manchester United started getting most successful? Why not look at the two clubs entire histories?

Barca

19 league titles (never relegated)
    2 European cups
    24 Copa Del Reys (originally the league, before La Liga started)
    4 Cup winners cups

Man Utd

17 league titles (+2 second division titles)
    3 European cups
    11 Fa Cups
    1 Cup winners cup

20 years was such a nice convenient time span for you to pick to prove how Man United are a more sucessful club to Barca eh?

I guess it just makes sense to take the modern era, since soccer has changed an awful lot in the past twenty years from what it was like before that...

keane2097 wrote: »
    I guess it just makes sense to take the modern era, since soccer has changed an awful lot in the past twenty years from what it was like before that...

Nah, comparing two world class international clubs to prove who has the bigger d*ck is pathetic regardless of what era you take.

Moment Of Truth

This is it. After all the talk over the past few months of Barcelona’s history-making grand treble voyage, the final frontier is just on the horizon and they will face their first serious obstacle this Tuesday.

It may not be the Champions League final yet but to stumble at home in the first leg of the semi-final face-off with Chelsea and they can kiss their treble desires goodbye. And with Real Madrid coming up this Saturday, a trip to Stamford Bridge for the return clash next week, and a tricky meeting with Villarreal four days after that, Barca’s delectable season could turn very sour extremely quickly.

The big worry for the Blaugrana is that Pep Guardiola’s entertainers could be too preoccupied with this weekend’s El Clasico blockbuster with Madrid. Many in the Camp Nou dressing room still view the Primera Division as a more important competition than the Champions League and they have put domestic success as their number one priority. And as massive as the encounter with Chelsea is, nothing trumps the titanic battle with their eternal enemies.

Barca are aware that their English counterparts will be, by a country mile, their toughest test in the Champions League this season. Pound for pound, the Catalan behemoths have been head and shoulders above everyone else in the competition. Not many teams have been able to match their sheer quality and phenomenal class on the pitch, but in Chelsea, they will have an opponent who knows all about grinding out a result and forcing their way through the most impossible of missions.

Hunt For The Holy Grail

Chelsea are, by and large, on the same boat as their opponents, albeit they will be aiming for the double instead. Admittedly out of the Premier League title race, they have already booked their ticket to the FA Cup final as they look to put an end to their two-year trophyless drought in style. It’s still not a bad target to have in front of them considering all the harsh criticism they had to face midway through the season.

Champions League glory, however, is what the Pensioners are really after and it has become owner, Roman Abramovich’s personal holy grail over the past few years. They could not have asked for a more difficult semi-final challenge, but there’s still a lot of optimism and confidence floating around in the Stamford Bridge air ahead of their daunting trip to Catalunya. And they have good reason to feel that way.

The Blues have only lost once since Guus Hiddink took over the hot-seat in early February. He has not only restored the team spirit and unity but he has also moulded his troops to look more like the intricate, efficient side from the Jose Mourinho era.

And after their stunning 3-1 win at Anfield against Liverpool in the first leg of the quarter-finals, the Londoners will be full of belief that they can win just about anywhere. They have also rectified their defensive problems after leaking in an outrageous amount of goals just a few weeks ago. They kept a clean sheet against both Everton and West Ham United and conceded just one against Arsenal in the FA Cup and although Barcelona will be a completely different kettle of fish compared to the former two, it’s the morale boost that Guus will be counting on most.

FORM GUIDE

Barcelona

Apr 25 Valencia 2-2 Barcelona (LA LIGA)

Apr 22 Barcelona 4-0 Sevilla (LA LIGA)

Apr 18 Getafe 0-1 Barcelona (LA LIGA)

Apr 14 Bayern Munich 1-1 Barcelona (CHAMPIONS LEAGUE)

Apr 11 Barcelona 2-0 Recreativo Huelva (LA LIGA)

Chelsea

Apr 25 West Ham United 0-1 Chelsea (PREMIER LEAGUE)

Apr 22 Chelsea 0-0 Everton (PREMIER LEAGUE)

Apr 18 Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea (FA CUP)

Apr 14 Chelsea 4-4 Liverpool (CHAMPIONS LEAGUE)

Apr 11 Chelsea 4-3 Bolton Wanderers (PREMIER LEAGUE)

TEAM NEWS

Barcelona

Guardiola will be able to return to the dugout after being banished to the stands in the previous game. His often over-zealous support to his players from the touchline will be a huge psychological comfort, especially up against a mastermind like Hiddink.

Defender, Rafa Marquez is also back from suspension but Sergio Busquets, Dani Alves and Carles Puyol will all miss the second leg if they pick up another booking. Martin Caceres and Gabriel Milito are both out injured, but the good news is that Lionel Messi, who was suffering from stomach cramps this time last week, played the full 90 minutes against Valencia at the weekend without any problems.

Probable Starting XI (4-3-3): Victor Valdes – Dani Alves, Puyol (c), Pique, Abidal – Xavi, Keita, Iniesta – Messi, Eto’o, Henry

Chelsea

Left-back Ashley Cole is suspended and Hiddink is expected to switch Jose Bosingwa to that flank to nullify Messi’s threat. But crucially, centre-back, John Terry is back after serving out his own one-game ban and his presence will be vital as Ricardo Carvalho looks certain to miss out due to a hamstring problem while Deco is also nursing a similar ailment.

Joe Cole and Paulo Ferreira are sidelined for the remainder of the season, while Nicolas Anelka will miss the return clash if he gets another yellow card in Catalunya.

Probable Starting XI (4-2-3-1): Cech – Ivanovic, Alex, Terry (c), Bosingwa – Essien, Ballack – Kalou, Lampard, Malouda – Drogba

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Barcelona

Lionel Messi may be the star of this Blaugrana team and he is likely to thrill and delight fans again as usual. But the key to this contest lies right in midfield engine room. Xavi will be supremely instrumental in dictating the rhythm and direction of the game. His team-mates will also be relying on him to retain possession as much and as long as possible to deprive Chelsea of the ball. In-form Andres Iniesta will be expected to carry the team should Messi be completely marked out of the game.

Chelsea

It will indeed be an enthralling contest to watch Frank Lampard square off with Xavi for midfield supremacy. Lamps’ ability to score goals from deep could have a significant impact, especially if the forward line is starved of service. While he will provide the attacking menace, Michael Essien will be vital in stifling Barca’s various number of threats. It will also be up to him to bring the ball out of defence and distribute it forward as quickly as possible.

PREDICTION

Barcelona’s secret weapon will be the intimidation factor. Many teams have come to the Camp Nou and they have shown Guardiola’s men far too much respect. Hiddink would do well if he can prevent that from happening to his side.

For Barca, keeping a clean sheet will be more important than scoring an avalanche of goals. The Blues, meanwhile, are aware that they will more likely than not be overwhelmed in Catalunya. Their main aim will be to settle the tie back at Stamford Bridge next week and as such away goals will be extremely vital, as they will feel confident of shutting out the Blaugrana in London.

The Spaniards have insisted that they will not change heir attacking style of play while Hiddink has promised not to sit back. This match looks delicately balanced and it could all come down to one tiny mistake either way. But for the first leg, the hosts should have enough firepower to nick a narrow win.

Barcelona 2-1 Chelsea

KS Leong, Goal.com

Nah, comparing two world class international clubs to prove who has the bigger d*ck is pathetic regardless of what era you take.

I don't really get the point of the comparison myself tbh, just suggesting a reason why twenty years is a more appropriate timescale to do it over...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

looking very forward to this now

itv hd ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Really looking forward to this!Messi will destroy Bosingwa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this!Messi will destroy Bosingwa!

Its going to be interesting to see how Bosingwa playing out of position will get on. I's be more worried about JT and his lack of pace .

Jose Bosingwa;

24/8/1982 - 28/4/09

R.I.P
    :pac::pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Jose Bosingwa;

24/8/1982 - 28/4/09

R.I.P
    :pac::pac::D

naaaaaaa

Bosingwa will have him in his back pocket ;)(i hope)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Headshot wrote: »
    naaaaaaa

Bosingwa will have him in his back pocket ;)(i hope)

Not a hope my friend:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

isnt boswinga really good? i thought so anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

SlickRic wrote: »
    2) Chelsea's midfield is strong, but will they ever get the ball? Utd didn't have it for very long periods last year, and by all accounts were pretty fortunate to get through. it was only thanks to a moment from 'The Ginger One'.
    and the fact that Barca couldn't score one goal in 180 minutes ;)
    SlickRic wrote: »
    3) tonight Chelsea will get at best a 1-1 draw imo, but the Nou Camp will be an education for them I think. Both times Messi is going to take the pi$$ out of poor Bosingwa; never mind Eto'o against a slow Terry.
    An education? Essien, Lampard, Terry, Ballack, Cech, Drogba, Boswinga, Anelka (all world clas players and experienced internationals) are going to be educated? Right.

I'm still backing Chelsea to go through over the two legs. They have a stronger spine than Barca (Cech, Terry, Essien, Drogba) imo. Stronger than Barca's. If Boswinga (or Essien) can keep Messi quiet then Chelsea will have a great chance to win tonight. Drogba to score first. Shoulc be a cracking game. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Teams

No surprises there really except Marquez in for Puyol. Malouda preferred to Kalou too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Come on Barca!

Hope they do them, 3-0!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Chelsea definately setup to try to impose themselves in midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Take out Mikel and put in Anelka imo. I don't think Mikel will be able to play at the pace necessary tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

With that team out it looks like Chelsea fear Barca way too much. They definitely are not going to have a go like they did at Anfield. Pity really because they were a joy to watch that night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Looking at the Chelsea team, I can't see Barcelona not winning this now. Without Carvalho and Cole playing, I think they could quite easily be overwhelmed at the back. I think it's a mistake to shunt Essien out to the right and I really fear that the game could pass by Mikel.

3-1 is my prediction. Goals from Terry, Alves and Eto'ox2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Some mad stats coming out of rte about Barca,

Against top 10 spanish teams this season they have scored 44 and conceded 2 goals at home this season!

Chelsea are a different kettle of fish though, i think Chelsea can win tonight, it will all hinge on Bosingwa (not 100% fit) and how him and Malouda can handle Messi,

If Chelsea can frustrate the attacking 6 of Barcelona, which they are capable of and break well on the counter attack we could see a Chelsea victory.

I don't think there will be goals galore tonight,

im predicting 2-1 to Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

K4t wrote: »
    and the fact that Barca couldn't score one goal in 180 minutes ;)

obviously
    K4t wrote: »
    An education? Essien, Lampard, Terry, Ballack, Cech, Drogba, Boswinga, Anelka (all world clas players and experienced internationals) are going to be educated? Right.

I'm still backing Chelsea to go through over the two legs. They have a stronger spine than Barca (Cech, Terry, Essien, Drogba) imo. Stronger than Barca's. If Boswinga (or Essien) can keep Messi quiet then Chelsea will have a great chance to win tonight. Drogba to score first. Shoulc be a cracking game. :)

yes, an education. and i mean that in an un-patronising way, it's the only remotely appropriate word i could think of.

Barca at the Nou Camp play attractive, and this season, the vast majority of the time winning, football. Playing at their best, they show us all how football should be played.

if both teams play their best, Barca win 7/8 times out of 10 for me. but this is why football analysis is so great. it's all about opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

That captain's armband really suits Xavi.

Advertisement