Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Copying DVD's

• 15-04-2009 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭

Can anyone answer me this before i go to the effort of trying it out.

Over the weekend, i wanted to copy a few of my sisters dvds so i hooked up my ps3, via scart to my dvd recorder, expecting to be able to record no problem. Before long i noticed that it was copy restricted. I had'nt realised before this that this restriction was in place. Anyways, my dvd recorder also has an RF input. My question is, if i hook up my ps3 to the dvd recorder using RF, will the recorder still detect the copyright restriction or will it just let it record?

BTW, the dvds are kinda half mine so please dont mention copyright infringement!:P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Wolff

I think the bottom line is you wont be able to do this - the way you have it set up

If you want to make back ups of your dvds - you will need
    Anydvd - the software
    - and a pc with a dvd burner.

afterdawn.com have good tutorials

You can then rip the dvd to the harddisk of the Pc and burn a copy

I do it all the time for the kids - they mangled most of the Disney dvds that cost me a fortune - so now they mangle the cheap copies while the orig ones stay safe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Thanks for that. Since i made the OP, i've just being looking it up on google and it looks like no matter what method of connection you use, be it scart, RF or whatever, you wont be able to copy a dvd using a dvd player and recorder.

Been looking up a few tutorials on youtube and a few people are mentioning that some of these windows dvd copy applications do not work with really recent commercial dvds(Ones released after around late 2008), and unfortunately its new dvds i want to copy. I might try them out later though with my dvd burner on my laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Wolff

Anydvd is updated every week or so - there are others free ones which are far less reliable

Advertisement