Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kids - aggghhhhh

Options
  • 15-04-2009 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

i cannot get the kids out of the house - they keep running in opposite directions and keep taking items of clothes off themselves every time i turn my back and they wont stop moaning,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

my question is, can i leave them at home?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Redpunto wrote: »
    i cannot get the kids out of the house - they keep running in opposite directions and keep taking items of clothes off themselves every time i turn my back and they wont stop moaning,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

my question is, can i leave them at home?
    Yes, but would you have a home when you get back?:D

I find competition works: 'First one out to the car gets *insert treat here*' Or threats. 'If you dont get out to the car, the easter bunny is coming back for the eggs!' Its cruel, and I never thought Id stoop to it, but hey... you gotta do what you gotta do. :)

Just to make you feel better. In the five minutes I was in the bathroom last night, my son cut my daughters lovely long blonde hair. I nearly cried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Nope, aren't eater holidays fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I say "bye" and go out and start the car. Gets them out in a flash.
    Easter holidays are nearly over TG.... mine are proper little whinge buckets today too. How in the world will we survive the summer:(

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

littlebug wrote: »
    mine are proper little whinge buckets today too. How in the world will we survive the summer:(
    Oh god. I hadnt even thought of that.

I tried that 'bye' trick. It worked the first time, after that, they said 'see ya!'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

i gave up and put on cartoons - they now have cabin fever

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I think the easter holidays are to scare us so that we start preparing for the summer holidays.

My two are having a pj day and say don't want to go anywhere today at all which suits me
    but I shall have to drag them out somewhere tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

i'm nearly up the wall at the moment with mine.
    Have my 1st year science exams starting next week and have 4 kids stuck to the house today 'cos of the crappy weather.....
    God knows what crap I will be writing next week in my maths exams:p

Hope to hell the summer is better than the last two summers:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Oryx wrote: »

I find competition works: 'First one out to the car gets *insert treat here*' Or threats. 'If you dont get out to the car, the easter bunny is coming back for the eggs!' Its cruel, and I never thought Id stoop to it, but hey... you gotta do what you gotta do. :)

Just to make you feel better. In the five minutes I was in the bathroom last night, my son cut my daughters lovely long blonde hair. I nearly cried.[/QUOTE]

I know I shouldn't have but I laughed:o:o When I was a kid myself and my friend annoyed her brother so much he retaliated by cutting off just one of her pigtails......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Just to make you feel better. In the five minutes I was in the bathroom last night, my son cut my daughters lovely long blonde hair. I nearly cried.

At least it wasn't your husband shaving your daughters hair off while you were out (not happened to me, but someone I know...) apparently the little girl seen her brothers head being shaved and said she wanted it done too. Her Dad took it literally and shaved her hair off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

At least it wasn't your husband shaving your daughters hair off while you were out (not happened to me, but someone I know...) apparently the little girl seen her brothers head being shaved and said she wanted it done too. Her Dad took it literally and shaved her hair off!!

That is so funny! Bet you he didn't get lucky for a looooooong time after that one :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Am I the only one who does not want the kids back in school? :eek:

Before you all think I am deranged (!!) I only have one in school so have an 18 month and a two month old at home anyway. When school is out I can just let them all sleep in the mornings until they wake themselves, instead of dragging them all out of bed, rushing etc. Also, my 7 year old is fantastic with the two little ones so I find it great to have him around.

Its 9.10 am, they are all asleep and I am on my second cup of coffee and getting to sit down and catch up on boards....................bliss :D

I am dreading next week :(

Laughed out loud at some of the posts, its a tonic to come here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

IsThatSo? wrote: »
    Am I the only one who does not want the kids back in school? :eek:

Yes:D

I can see where you're coming from but how in the world do you get them to stay asleep in the mornings :confused: no matter how late they're in bed the youngest will be up any time after 6.. on a very very good day we might get to lie in til 7. My good sleeper will be up anytime between 7 and 8.

Next week by 9.30 am, they are all in school/ preschool and I am on my second cup of coffee and getting to sit down and catch up on boards....................bliss :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

littlebug wrote: »
    Yes:D

I can see where you're coming from but how in the world do you get them to stay asleep in the mornings :confused: no matter how late they're in bed the youngest will be up any time after 6.. on a very very good day we might get to lie in til 7. My good sleeper will be up anytime between 7 and 8.

Next week by 9.30 am, they are all in school/ preschool and I am on my second cup of coffee and getting to sit down and catch up on boards....................bliss :D

:pac:

My two month old is up at about 6.30/7am and goes back to bed at 8 ish. I don't go back to bed but get stuck into housework and have a sit down for a bit with a cup of coffee.

My 18 month old does not need a nap during the day if he gets to sleep on (still asleep now and its 10.30am) and I find it hard to get him down for a nap during school days as he hates to miss out on anything. He is usually not ready for a nap until about 4pm and if he gets one then he will be up till 9.30 pm so not worth it.

If he sleeps on in the mornings then he is still getting the amount of sleep he needs, just all together instead of split up :) AND he will be very easy to get to bed at about 8.30 this evening.

Also, its easier for me not to be tied to school times, I am more relaxed and not watching the clock............;)

Each to their own I guess :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Treats in the car - for the first one who's out, with all his/her stuff present and correct, and belted in, and staying there quietly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

I'm getting the impression ye dont like the school holidays??

I actually prefer them, no homework to deal with when i get home from work.
    My daughter* spends the day hanging around with her best friend, either watching tv when its wet or playing make believe (they are usually in a rock band) or they are out and about walking her friends dog, or up and down the estate on their go-carts. She loves the freedom, and everything just runs so smoothly during the holidays. I hate the school mornings, the dragging her out of bed, and then the trying to get her inside on the bright evenings to get homework finished. putting her to bed while its still bright and "everyone else is outside playing"...
    Bring on the summer holidays is what i say!!!.

*I do realise that i only have the one child and she is 8, so there really isnt much minding in her..sorry to those parents who have a few toddlers who need to be intertained...I do feel your pain...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

My son got chicken pox over the easter holidays!! So we were confined to the house, as I did not want to spread them for the first few days!!

It is much better having them in school and having my routine back, as much as I loved the lie ons, it meant they were going to bed later too!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Dublin Mama

So funny ! :):):) You made my day!

Advertisement