Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upgrade I-phone on a 'speak easy' sim

• 15-04-2009 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Is possible to use an upgrade I-phone on a ‘speak easy’ sim and still remain on your current price plan. I was offered an I-phone from someone on a 02 blackberry tariff.
    Are they required to change their price or can they give me the phone and I can use on speak easy. They are aware they will be tied into a new 18month contract.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

It's not fully clear what you mean.
    Soot-fan wrote: »
    Is possible to use an upgrade I-phone on a ‘speak easy’ sim and still remain on your current price plan.

Yes, if you have an O2 sim, it will work in an O2 iPhone, irrespective of what plan you are on or if you are pre-pay/post-pay.
    Soot-fan wrote: »
    I was offered an I-phone from someone on a 02 blackberry tariff.
    Are they required to change their price or can they give me the phone and I can use on speak easy. They are aware they will be tied into a new 18month contract.

This is the bit I don't understand. Is the O2 blackberry tariff 18 months also? Or are they on an iPhone tariff, which is 18 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Soot-fan

Sorry for the confusion….
    X is on 02 release (€99 per month) 12 months into a 18 month contract. They will be offered an I-phone as an upgrade next month. 02 release is not on the i-phones plans.
    The closest is plan is i-phone 700. (€100 per month) 02 release being the beter plan.
    To avail of the I phone will X need to switch to an I phone tariff or can they be able to us their existing phone on 02 release and I can use the i-phone with a speak easy sim card.

I hope this makes sense…

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Soot-fan

02 man said you are required to switch tariffs if you upgrade to an i-phone:mad::mad:

Is it possible to buy a 'pay as you go' i-phone up north and unlock/jailbreak and use on 3 here.

Advertisement