Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boots lost my photos

Options
  • 15-04-2009 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭

3 weeks ago I dropped off a roll of black and white film to be developed and chose the 24 hour development (Edit: Forgot they told me it takes a week for B&W film to be developed so scratch the 24 hour bit,so it must have been the following week I called in) option. Fair enough , the next week I popped in to pick them up, and was given my pictures. Left the store and started down the road, opening the packet and looking through another family's colour pictures from NYC. So I returned not 1 minute after she handed them to me and explained the situation. She refunded me my €7.50 and took my details for letting me know when they get them back. 3 Weeks have now gone past, and I have gone into them a second time asking for progress but they say its Spectra photo's fault as they mixed up the 2 batches. They rang me asking for the original slip of paper that I handed in the first time I went to collect them but I never got that back. I told them all relavent info was on the packet they handed me (ie. order number, my name and address, and mobile number, just contained the wrong photos).
    It is going into its fourth week and I wonder what my options are? I have no receipt as she refunded me and took it back, also now I have no claim slip that they give you either, but they have recorded in a ledger all my details etc so should I be going to the store manager with this or what can I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

No, afraid not.
    Term and conditions always state the value of your photos is the price you paid to get them developed.

Only ever happened to me once, for a collage project, had to beg for an extension.
    Think it was Spectra too, about 2001

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

there is really no way of getting your photos back at this stage unless someone else gets them sends them back then spectra photo try to find out which of their thousands of customers they belong to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Something similar but not exactly happened to me.

I left photos into Boots and went in after three or four days expecting them to be there.
    they weren't, I was in college at the time and went in every day for about 2 weeks.

I'd almost given up when finally they had them!! the packet was covered in dirt and a foot print!

so there is always hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Happened to me in a local place in 2004. Never saw them again. It's sad but seems to be nothing you can do about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Happened to mein Australia, Invest in a good digital camera, you wont have this problem ever again. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

They should give you back the other families NYC photos. At least then you'd have some photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Happened to mein Australia, Invest in a good digital camera, you wont have this problem ever again. :)

Have several DSLR's , this was a return to film after finding my grandfathers old Canon AE-1 so I had ordered film from 7dayshop for it specially (Colour and B&W rolls). Am growing more frustrated thinking about it to be honest...

Regarding the NYC photo's, they really weren't that interesting! Very dull photo's for NYC I must say, some pic's of subway signs and blurry pub shots. :rolleyes:

Advertisement