Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Velux Window - Permission needed from Galway Co Co?

Options
  • 15-04-2009 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi All,
    Quick question that someone might be able to answer. Do I need planning permission to install a small velux window at the back of my house (galway coco is local auth - cannot find answer on their website!). Also I assume there wouldn't be a planning permission issue for bricking up (filling in) in a small window at side of house?

Any info gratefully recieved,

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I converted attic recently (in Dublin) I was told PP is only required if Velux is to the front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

rules change depending in your area.

You dont need PP in my area as long as it is in the rear of house.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

koolkid wrote: »
    I converted attic recently (in Dublin) I was told PP is only required if Velux is to the front.

Live in Dublin and had the attic converted with velux at the back, no permission needed.

Family member built a house in Kerry and again no permission was needed for a velux at he back.

Just ring up the Co Co to double check with. I was pleasantly surprised at how helpful they were and speedy with their answer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭magconn

yeah , think if its to the back then no probs as long as the new velux would not be facing any neighbours that would be directly behind you, if in an estate lets say. So if theres nothing but green fields and or sheep, then AFAIK, no planning needed. As for bricking up, dunno what story would be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

this question is better directed at the construction and planning guys across the way. They seem to know a thing or 2 about PP

• Advertisement
Advertisement