Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation near DCU

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭random.stranger

I wouldn't dream of living on campus. The storys I heard from people living on campus were pure horror. A block on campus is pretty big & by all probablility your going to get a handful of moron's per block. The last thing you need is some muppet setting off the fire alarm to evacuate the entire block the night before an important exam. I've heard of muppets doing this several times in one week late at night.

Just stumbled upon this thread, might be worth reading before making a decision: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055559379

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 PixyChick

Just wondering does the college provide an accommodation list for alternative (private rented) accommodation available in close proximity to the campus??

My brothers college used to, just wondering if DCU does too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭dizzyniki

PixyChick wrote: »
    Just wondering does the college provide an accommodation list for alternative (private rented) accommodation available in close proximity to the campus??

My brothers college used to, just wondering if DCU does too?

Yep just go onto DCU's website and you'll find it in the accommodation section!

Yes, there was a rumour going around campus a few years back (in my day...) that DCU wanted to raise the rates for campus residence, so the first thing they did was call around everybody on the accomodation list & tell them they were charging too little & they should increase their rates.

Like I say, this was a rumour. Generally people off the list are cheaper. If you can get good people to live with- thats half the battle (maybe more than half).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 PixyChick

dizzyniki wrote: »
    Yep just go onto DCU's website and you'll find it in the accommodation section!
    That's great....thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

I even heard of random strangers complaining and unable to spell or punctuate

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭homer1916

I lived at the gateway student village and it was brilliant. Its only a 10 minute walk to the collage and it was right beside the garda station so never had to worry about security, 24 hour security there anyway. The apartments are really flash and the best part is they are only €100 a week. Most places cost way more and they are kips. Link below to the website to see for yourself.

Nanaki wrote: »
    I even heard of random strangers complaining and unable to spell or punctuate
    i'm sory if my spelling. and punctiation ofend yuo,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 badshy

Can anyone help!! I am going into 1st year in DCU I didnt get into campus and I am wondering if anyone knows of other available accommodation. Most complexes seem to be full.!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sarahmc09

hey, i dont think you'l get anywhere on campus or in shanowen at this stage. have a look on daft.ie or rent.ie or collegecribs.ie for somewhere on collins avenue or surrounding areas, or on the ballymun road.
    im going into 2nd year and found my place on daft.ie
    just make sure theyre not looking for a full year lease and the price is reasonable.. about 1100 or 1200 per month is the average prive around here (well thats for a 3bedroom)
    good luck. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 badshy

Thanks for your help!! Will have a look at those websites..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 neil_mulhern

Hi, just a spare room in a family house on botanic avenue which is handy for dcu, i'm going into first year, doing MInT, includes meals,tv and all that jazz. Its a family house so no bills or extra's need to be paid. The room will have a desk and bed and anything else needed just ask. Send me a message if your interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 oreilm49

im living in shanowen hall apartments and they're good, but i need to get away as the noise level is hampering my studies.. wouldn't mind a house for semester two if anyone knows of anybody needing a house mate.
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 finnonline

I was wondering what the price range p/w or p/m works out at on average for a 4-6 bed house share nearish the campus.
    Theres no way im going to be paying for the student accommodation at that price for the amount of b/s rules and kinda lame apartments.

Advertisement