Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tote Pick 7

Options
  • 15-04-2009 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭

Anyone doing it? Bumper pot tonight (races 4 - 10 in Shelbourne Park)
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pick 7 set to surge to unprecedented levels
    by Michael Fortune

THE Pick 7 Jackpot has the country going wild!

It’s incredible what big betting pools can do to people who normally wouldn’t even consider placing a bet.

However, with all European greyhound Tote records already smashed, the Pick 7 Jackpot at Shelbourne tonight will surge to unprecedented levels. Such is the interest generated that Limerick Track has opted to bring forward their traditional Thursday meeting by 24 hours in order to allow patrons to get fully involved in the Pick 7 mania.

Similarly, Curraheen Park, Galway, Tralee and Dundalk will be opening their gates for an admission free evening of top sports viewing. Patrons can watch all the action from Shelbourne and bet through the night into the Dublin pool via Inter Track, while patrons can also enjoy the action from the Champions League on the screens. Don’t worry — the bars will be open also!

So, just how big will the Pick 7 pool be? Last Saturday the investment on the night was e118,000 and this saw the pool climb to an unprecedented e255,870. If there is a similar investment tonight that would mean a pool of around e375,000.

I will be surprised if the pool doesn’t reach at least e425,000 and leading track layer and Pick 7 player Teddy Hegarty even suggests that the e500,000 threshold will be achieved. Now, wouldn’t that be something?

For the uninitiated, the Pick 7 requires the nomination of seven winners from Race 4 through to Race 10. The unit stake is one Euro and there are various ways you can place your bets. For those at Shelbourne it is simply a case of filling in the Pick 7 coupon and placing your bet at any Tote station. For those at other Irish tracks, it is actually similar as you can bet through the Tote stations by using the Pick 7 coupons.

But if you are at home and wish to play, you simply click on to the Irish Greyhound Board website, www.igb.ie and access the betting platform by clicking "Bet On The Tote". It is a simple process and then you can enjoy the live streaming of all the races from the comfort of your home.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/idsncwsngb/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I knew nothing about the dogs but then that hasn't stopped me with the nags. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

mike65 wrote: »
    I knew nothing about the dogs but then that hasn't stopped me with the nags. :p
    Go for it Mike, I know little about the laws of gravity but I'm giving the Lotto a go tonight ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nah its just something else to sign up to and waste money on.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Fair play to the IGB and good news man Michael Fortune for getting this maximum exposure in the press today!!!

Looks very hard - no doubt the big syndicates(eg Hegarty and co) will try and cop this tonight!

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

1 Winner of this last night, well over half a million to him, and even better he trained 2 out of the 7 winners himself!!

Brgds
    Johnny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

I'd say the 10/1 winner of the third (race 6) was the one that killed them all.

Advertisement