Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you were near wexford/camden st on Saturday night..please help!

Options
  • 15-04-2009 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

If you were near wexford/camden st on Saturday night(11th April) around 1am please read and see if you can help out our friend who is currently fighting to get his life back after an assault outside <snip> resulting in serious brain injuries.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0415/breaking37.htm

Hope this is in the most appropriate place.
    Gardaí have appealed for witnesses to an assault on a young man outside the side entrance of <snip>, a popular Dublin pub and concert venue, on Sunday.

A man (22) was assaulted outside the side door of the pub on Camden Row between 1am and 1.15 am.

He was brought to St James's Hospital where it was discovered that he had a serious head injury as a result of the assault. The man was transferred to Beaumont hospital where he underwent emergency surgery.

He is in a serious but stable condition in Beaumont Intensive Care Unit.

Gardaí are asking members of the public who were in the area at the time of the assault and may have witnessed the incident to contact them at Kevin Street Garda station on 01 6669400.

MOD EDIT: Do not mention the venue in question. It's one of the unmentionables.
    Snip=popular music venue on wexford st/camden st

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Probably not the appropriate place but good luck to your friend

• Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I was all ready to giggle till I seen you were serious.

Try the Dublin city forum for a more accurate response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

I wasn't, but just wanted to wish you the best of luck trying to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭live2thewire

scumbags. hope your friend will be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Thanks for the replies.. I'll get a mod to move it over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Heard about this. What happened? Was it unprovoked?
    I hope your mate pulls through and those involved brought to justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Absolute scumbags!! Hope your mate will be ok.

You could maybe post something in the music forum. People there would maybe hang in <snip> and that area, especially in the alt & Indie section. It may get taken out for being off topic, i don't know. But you could give it a try!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Hope u find these scum! this is prob not most appropriate place but at least it will spread the word and hopefully someone has info!!

btw <snip> is a dump!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I don't see a problem having this here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Seems like the best place to have this as its the biggest forum, hopeful someone who can help will see this. Best of luck to your friend and proper justice for the scumbags.

• Advertisement

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Heard about this. What happened? Was it unprovoked?
    I hope your mate pulls through and those involved brought to justice.

We're not sure on the full details at the moment but he was pushed/knocked into a pole where he hit his head and went unconscious. He was taken to hospital where he underwent surgery to remove a large blood clot in the early hours.

He has been extremely lucky so far and there have been a few positive signs but serious bruising/swelling on the brain still remains and we won't know the extent of the damage until it goes down. It could be months before he's able to talk and write again.

I'll look at moving this to the music forum also. Thanks

You'll get the largest audience here.
    PM the music mods before posting a duplicate of this thread there.
    Just don't mention the venue. Falls under the sticky that's on every forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Really sorry to hear about your friend OP, <snip> would be a regular haunt of mine and its shocking to hear about something like this happening.
    Phantom 105.2 are carrying this story in their news bulletins as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Rayan

Hope he pulls through, there was a band called hot sprockets playing that night maybe people on the other forum (as someone mentioned) indie/alternative might have been to the gig and seen something.

Terry wrote: »
    You'll get the largest audience here.
    PM the music mods before posting a duplicate of this thread there.
    Just don't mention the venue. Falls under the sticky that's on every forum.

Sorry I posted one just before reading this post. I didn't think about the name of the venue being a problem sorry about that. I hope my edit is ok and I'm sure people will still know what I'm on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

Best of luck to your friend, hope he makes a full and speedy recovery. Sorry I cant help though it might be worth googling The Hot Sprockets to see if they have their own site and forum. If so you might find some people on the forum who were in the area at the time. Hope the thugs are caught and brought to justice. What an awful thing to happen.

Sorry if this is too much to ask but I don't have a myspace account. Would someone be able to copy and post my first post? If not its fine, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I was all ready to giggle till I seen you were serious.

Try the Dublin city forum for a more accurate response.

Only bogger's drink up there :P

But Mods please feel free to throw this over to us on the Dublin city Forum if you wish, I'll gladly host it.

OP, your friend is in the best head truma unit in the country, best of luck to him.

**edit, I'll post a link to this thread in the DCF now.

Mairt wrote: »
    Only bogger's drink up there :P

But Mods please feel free to throw this over to us on the Dublin city Forum if you wish, I'll gladly host it.

OP, your friend is in the best head truma unit in the country, best of luck to him.

Thats great to hear! They've really been looking after him up there.

• Advertisement

I'll copy the thread over if you want.
    You can do the clean up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Sorry to hear that man. I was in 'that venue' on sunday but wouldnt have been outside until after 2, sorry i cant be of any help!

There you go, Mairt.
    You might want to remove the venue name from post #23. It slipped in while I was copying the thread over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

There you go, Mairt.
    You might want to remove the venue name from post #23. It slipped in while I was copying the thread over.

sorry about that, it is in the link on the op though. I changed it just now anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Carefull not to prejudice any further court proceedings. Unlucky for the guy, 99 times out of a hundred these scuffles result in nor serious injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I really hope your friend is okay OP.

My brother was assaulted on the night of my 21st/his 20th, in London, he was air-lifted to hospital and operated on to remove a clot, after a terrifying week he came out of the coma perfectly fine.

I sincerely hope your friend is as lucky as we were.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Just to say that that venue is not owned by they who must not be named although perhaps it was behind the gig.
    Anyway, hope your mate is okay. The venue is not known for that although there is one overexuberant bouncer these days. Fingers crossed your friend will be back to normal asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Reported in yesterdays papers that a man had been arrested, questioned and a file sent to the DPP in relation to this assault so I'll close the thread, thanks everyone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement