Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spiritualist church

Options
  • 15-04-2009 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

We are in the process of setting up a spiritualist church in the Republic of Ireland and are looking to judge the response, if you may be interested in attending please let me know. The Spiritualist Union of Ireland will be set up.

The Purpose of the Spiritualist Union of Ireland is to promote spiritualism mainly in the Republic of Ireland. We are currently in the process of setting up a Spiritualist Church in the Republic of Ireland to enable us to promote spiritualism.

At Spiritualist church services, a portion of the time is spent where mediums ‘link’ with the spirit-world to communicate with spirit people. Mediums aim to give proof that those you love who have passed to spirit do live on in another dimension and that they are still connected to you by a bond of friendship and love.

Often during church services, especially our Sunday services, a guest speaker also gives an address containing elements of Spiritualism’s philosophy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 footloose jen

hi!
    i was reading a book about a year ago written by a medium, she gave a lot of good advice at the end of it and even places to go to seek out good mediums or if just in need of some spiritualist healing and most of these places were spiritualist churches in the north of ireland and england which was a dissapointment so if it would be really good if there were spiritualist churches here in the republic :)
    i would love to go along and experience it for myself please keep us updated with any information you have on the subject!!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Mediums do demonstrate here though, check out the Helix website, as a lot of the more well known ones do shows there, if thats what you are looking for Jen.

Poster, will you have links to either the SNU or SAGB, or be totally independant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

I founded a Church in Renfrew, Scotland in 1995 and stood down 18 months ago.
    If there is any help I can offer, please ask.
    I have a fairly recent list of Mediums, etc.

There is quite a bit to do before the doors open, as I'm sure you are aware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭poster

It will be affiliated to the SNU. Hiorta any assistance you can give would be great, can you pm me your details and I will contact you.

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

This is very exciting news. Let me know if there is anything I can do!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

aw brilliant,this is great,ive always said if i had money id open a spiritual house and to have one here would be fab,i love the ones in england,so peaceful and a joy to attend.
    a union here will be just what we need,its about time we had one.
    where will the church be?
    again,thank you.
    if you need volunteers for help i would be delighted to be involved.

Thanks all for your support and offers of help. The initial venue is near wyeth in clondalkin, it is a ground floor office of about 1,000 sq ft, this will be the start until we can get a proper church building/facility. It will be availible also to hold circles in and will have all the facilities needed for this. I am very excited about this, I will keep you updated. More news will also be posted on http://www.spiritualistunion.com we are looking for people to register their interest so we can keep people informed, please pass on the word to all your spritual friends and circles.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

poster wrote: »
    It will be affiliated to the SNU. Hiorta any assistance you can give would be great, can you pm me your details and I will contact you.

Tom
    Thats great news poster. Definitely count me in on this, and let me know how things are progressing. Im not based in Dublin, but any assistance I can offer from the South East is yours. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Woohoo! I live in Tallaght!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

This is fantasic, it really is about time we had this over here. I am thrilled to hear this is been done. I am not from Dublin but will venture up. Any help I can give please let me know.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your support will keep you all updated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I would be interested, however, as would be coming from the other side of Dublin, and don't drive, it could be problematic - would need to figure out public transport options

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sharonm29

Hi, this is great news please let me know the details as I would love to attend etc.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

boo hoo 6th,im from clondalkin,moved to tallaght,lol and recently sold my house and moved to kildare....ah i dont mind though,its only a 40 min trot down the n7 and would be well worth it.
    Tom,i am heading to that site now to register!!! excelent.
    do you attend the meetings in town once a month at all? i will pm you the details if you dont,that would be an excellant chance to spread the word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 footloose jen

yeah oryx ive been to the helix to see a guy called joe powers and would love to go along to the spiritualist church some friends of mine are also interested so dont forget poster keep us updated with the info!!! thanks!!!

The Spiritualist Union of Ireland is now open for membership go to the link below for membership form and to pay using paypal. Our first service will take place on the 24th May at 6.30pm further details to follow. Membership is €30 per calander year (plus paypal fee of €1.42). Memership will entitle members to receive a discount on courses held and you will also need membership to sit in circle or attend any of the spiritual development courses

www.spiritualistunion.com we need as many people as possible to sign up to get the church going

poster wrote: »
    The Spiritualist Union of Ireland is now open for membership go to the link below for membership form and to pay using paypal. Our first service will take place on the 24th May at 6.30pm further details to follow. Membership is €30 per calander year (plus paypal fee of €1.42). Memership will entitle members to receive a discount on courses held and you will also need membership to sit in circle or attend any of the spiritual development courses

www.spiritualistunion.com we need as many people as possible to sign up to get the church going

I will stick it into the post. Poster can you give us an idea of what type of courses etc will be run... Are you talking about development courses or are ye planning to run courses such as the B1 etc as is done in the SNU. Are ye running this on the same seven prinicples or ?? Whats the structure?

The schedule of courses have yet to be finalsed. We will have our own courses and also courses of people who wish to hire the use of our church to run courses, but they must offer our members a discount over non members.

There will weekly circles covering healing circles mediumship circles and trance circles

Thetype of courses we would plan to do would be mediumship development, trance development, healing and any other courses the membership would be interested in having on, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

It is a Union for the members so we will aim to give the members what they want once it can be accomodated. Thanks for your support and please let as many people know about the group, funds are vital to its success, as we have the people and determination to move forward.

Tom

Thanks Tom. I Will spread the word. I am really looking forward to this, will be up in May with bells on..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

Hey, def interested in this.

Can you give some insight into exactly what takes place at each meeting?

• Advertisement

kshiel wrote: »
    Thanks Tom. I Will spread the word. I run a small ciricle and will get the group working on getting in touch with people and spread the word. I am really looking forward to this, will be up in May with bells on..:)

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭magenta73

I too, would be very interested in this, please keep us all updated thanks:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I second this motion, Ireland needs a place like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭magenta73

Ireland definatly needs this, it was a long time comming, but better late than never!.:D

24th May will be the first service of the church will follow up with more details. We need poeple to join as members go to the site www.spirtualistunion.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

24th May will be the first service of the church will follow up with more details. We need poeple to join as members go to the site www.spirtualistunion.com

Can you tell us what to expect and how you envisage the service will go, thanks

There will be many events on at the church, mediumship circles, trance circles, healing circles, development circles. Every sunday there will be a service, some songs and then demonstrations of mediumship where people in the congregation will get messages from loved ones who have passed over to the spirit world. There will also be a talk on something spiritual

There will be a lot of different courses also on offer which we will update on one we get thing going

Hey Tom. Any updates.....

Hi Kim,
    We are getting things ready for the opening on the 24th May.

Just to explain, some people may never have heard of spiritualist church

The word church in this case does not mean religion or church in the way catholic church. A spiritualist church or centre is where people get to gether to get messages from mediums who give messages to members of the congregation. There is also a speaker on some topic and there will be a few songs or pieces of music played

so if anyone is interested in getting a message from a loved one they are more than welcome to attend (cant guarantee that you will get a read either)

The directions to the centre are on the website www.spiritualistunion.com

Tom

• Advertisement

We are looking to get some chairs for our centre/church we are looking for 80 stackable chairs preferably with padded backs and seats all the same, does anyone know of any going cheap or anyone looking to donate them to us.

Thanks in advance

Tom

Advertisement