Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot connect to Cisco Aironet 1100 Series AP

Options
  • 15-04-2009 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

Hi All
    I have been given two Cisco 1121G Aironet Access Points which I want to reconfigure so I can use for other purposes.

I want to do this without resetting to factory settings as all I want to do is change the SSID name and leave all the other settings as is.

I have downloaded and read the manual which basically says to connect your pc to the access point via a standard CAT5 lead or a crossover cable and switch it on. If the access point cannot get an IP address via DHCP it will default to 10.0.0.1 and your PC will pick up an address. Then you can browse to 10.0.0.1 and configure the access point. Alternatively give your PC an address of 10.0.0.2 and hook it up and then browse to 10.0.0.1
    Unfortunatey this isnt working. I cannot ping or browse to the access point at all and therefore cannot configure it.

I have tried getting an address via DHCP with a standard and a crossover cable.

I have tried manually setting the PC address to 10.0.0.2 with subnets 255.0.0.0, 255.255.0.0, 255.255.255.0 and 255.255.255.224 with standard and crossover cables but still cannot connect.

If I hook it up to a switch I can connect to it wirelessly no problem and I can browse the network but still cannot find its IP address.

When connected to it through the switch like that I have used the IPSU utility to search for it via it's MAC address and still no luck.

I am at the end of my tether and would greatly apreciate any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

When giving your PC a static IP did you set the gateway and DNS as 10.0.0.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭djd80

Nope I didnt.

I'll try it first thing in the morning.

Also what subnet should I be using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

Give your PC a static IP of 10.0.0.2 and use the default subnet (255.255.255.0), set the gateway to 10.0.0.1 and DNS to 10.0.0.1. See if you can connect then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

You could use look@lan to find all IP addresses on your network.

Otherwise i would from the Command Line Interface:

>conf t
    >interface bvi1
    >ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0
    >no shut
    >exit
    >exit
    >exit

Try browse after that to 10.0.0.1 from your pc on 10.0.0.2 with subnet 255.255.255.0.

You wont lose many settings from factory resetting it.
    You are half way there with Ethernet settings.

Advertisement