Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG KP500 "Cookie" - My fingers are killing me!!

• 15-04-2009 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

I have this phone since last week. I liked how it looked and it's touchscreen and allows me to make calls and text, which is pretty much the only functions I want on a phone. However, the screen is not that sensitive to touch at all. I've to press hard to get a response, and my fingers are starting to hurt! Texting is a nuisance because it's extremely easy to hit off all the buttons you DON'T want to hit, thus slowing me down massively when trying to text.
    And also, the battery empties less than 24 hours following a full charge, so I'm going to have to send it back now.

Anyone else have this phone and find similar problems?? Any solutions to the sensitivity issue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

I was thinking for getting one of these phones. I know it comes with a touch pen at the bottom so you could use that to text with. Ill keep an eye out for people toughts and make a my choice after.Is there any other bad features you dont like / anoys you with the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I have the same phone,I sometimes have the texting problem if I have a few drinks in me,I tend to press the wrong button.
    i don't however have the same problem with the sensitivity of the screen or the battery problem.
    It's not the best phone Ive ever had nor my favorite but it's grand,does the job and that's all I want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Cadzer wrote: »
    I was thinking for getting one of these phones. I know it comes with a touch pen at the bottom so you could use that to text with. Ill keep an eye out for people toughts and make a my choice after.Is there any other bad features you dont like / anoys you with the phone?

I find the menus and the scrolling slow to respond and it can get quite annoying. As I said my fingers are sore. Even with the stylus it's the same problem because I still have to press hard with the stylus to get a response.
    Other than that I like it. The camera quality is really good IMO. I haven't got to try out the MP3 player yet, which is one of the main reasons I bought the phone because it can take an 8gb memory card.

The battery is faulty, that's been my only other issue.

I love the style of the phone other than that.

But it doesn't compensate for the pains in my fingers; and I'm not a hypochondriac; maybe I do have particularly sensitive fingers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Cadzer wrote: »
    I was thinking for getting one of these phones. I know it comes with a touch pen at the bottom so you could use that to text with.

Just as a side note, I have had a number of touchscreen phones that relied on a pen/stylus for input. I even have a proper Cross pen, with a plastic nib for use on such phones.

To put it bluntly, I found them a royal pain in the behind. Especially when you have a few drinks and want to text somebody.

It's a personal preference, really.

Advertisement