Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sore Leg. 1/2 Marathon Soon.

• 15-04-2009 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of ye could save me the bother, time and money of going to a doctor and diagnose my injury ( I really don't have the time).

I went for a 10k run a couple of weeks back. After the run, my leg felt a bit sore. I gave it a week's rest and the injury improved slightly. I then went for an organised 10K (I had been training for this) 7 days later. I didn't feel my leg during the race but again, I did afterwards. My leg was sorer than before. I left it another week before I ran 16k. Now my leg is still sore and I have a very slight limp.

I did not fall or feel like I injured myself during the original 10K but felt sore afterwards so I'm not sure how I got injured.

The injury is on the outside of my right leg (see below), just above my ankle (my ankle isn't sore). It doesn't seem to be visibly swollen. I can feel a slight swollen when I compare it to my left leg.

||
    ||
    ||<---- sore
    ||||

I plan on running a half-marathon in 3 weeks. Has anyone else got a similar injury? If so, did it take long to heal? Will rest do it?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Stupid_Private

"I have a very slight limp"

hmmmmm - I think it's time to go to a physio and get that sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

hallelujah wrote: »
    Hi all,

I was wondering if any of ye could save me the bother, time and money of going to a doctor and diagnose my injury ( I really don't have the time).

I went for a 10k run a couple of weeks back. After the run, my leg felt a bit sore. I gave it a week's rest and the injury improved slightly. I then went for an organised 10K (I had been training for this) 7 days later. I didn't feel my leg during the race but again, I did afterwards. My leg was sorer than before. I left it another week before I ran 16k. Now my leg is still sore and I have a very slight limp.

I did not fall or feel like I injured myself during the original 10K but felt sore afterwards so I'm not sure how I got injured.

The injury is on the outside of my right leg (see below), just above my ankle (my ankle isn't sore). It doesn't seem to be visibly swollen. I can feel a slight swollen when I compare it to my left leg.

||
    ||
    ||<---- sore
    ||||

I plan on running a half-marathon in 3 weeks. Has anyone else got a similar injury? If so, did it take long to heal? Will rest do it?

Thanks,
    Jeff

it looks like you've strained your ascii tendon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

see the charter

We do not give out medical advice. Injuries may have common symptoms but are unique to the individual - just because you were able to keep training with X injury or were out for months because of Y doesn't mean that the same will apply to someone else. Bad advice given here and followed through could aggravate an injury and prevent an athlete making a full recovery in as rapid a time as possible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement