Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local buses - Galway Technology Park(Parkmore)

Options
  • 15-04-2009 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hello!
    Can anyone tell me the times the bus leaves from Eyre Square to Parkmore so I'd be there for, or preferably before, 9am? My computer won't open PDF's so I can't look at timetables online. Also, how long would it take? I know traffic can be mental! Times from Salthill would be great too, but I can walk into town on nice mornings! Need the exercise!! :D
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Buses are every 15 min from Eyre Square..and it takes between 15min and an hour depending on traffic/roadworks. on average though it's about 30 min,

And here's for viewing the .pdfs :D
    http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Hey All,

Can anyone confirm which bus heads from Eyre Square to Galway Technology Park?(Know it used to be the number 3, apparently this has changed?)

Thanks in advance
    Johnny

bus 9 and if you really need to be there at 9, get the 8:15.. otherwise get the 8:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Hey All,

Can anyone confirm which bus heads from Eyre Square to Galway Technology Park?(Know it used to be the number 3, apparently this has changed?)

Thanks in advance
    Johnny

Yes, it changed in about Jan 08, or maybe even earlier. 'Tis now the 9, though shows in BE's online journey planner as 409. And it runs every 15 minutes (on the quarter hour) during daytime and every 30 minutes after 7pm and on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

JustMary wrote: »
    Yes, it changed in about Jan 08, or maybe even earlier. 'Tis now the 9, though shows in BE's online journey planner as 409. And it runs every 15 minutes (on the quarter hour) during daytime and every 30 minutes after 7pm and on Sunday.

Sorted Mary cheers for your help, much appreciated, now to rely on the good old bus back(half hour wait at least as per usual) at about 12pm : )

Brgds
    Johnny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭JimiWonderDoor 92

Bump.

Sorry, no point starting a thread for this.

Basically I need a bus to get me to Parkmore Industrial Estate for 2pm. How often are they actually in? (Think its the no.9). Also is the technology house easy to find from the stop?

I can't open files on the website unfortunately. Also how much is the bus/you don't need card for that route I take it...

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

The no.9 leaves Eyre Square every 15 minutes (on the hour, quarterpast, halfpast and quarter to). It's €1.60 each way. Pretty sure the last stop is at the ind. park

Try using google maps to find where you're going.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Technology house is number 16 on the Galway Technology Park layout map.

Galway Technology Park (GTP) is number 3 on the Parkmore neighbourhood map.

Hmm ... subtle point: you mentioned Parkmore industrial estate, and technology house. Parkmore West is right next door to GTP which has a building called Technology House. But it's possible there's another building called "Technology House" in one of the Parkmore estates - might be worth double checking before you head out. If it's the building with a Spar in it, though, it's in GTP.

People aren't very precise when they talk about places out there ... can be confusing at times.

xo.mary is on the money re times and fares - the only other option is a E3.50 day pass, if you're going to be catching more than two buses in a day. (And there are weekly and monthly fare options too.)

Advertisement