Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choirs / Choral groups in Cork

Options
  • 15-04-2009 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know of any choirs or choral groups in Cork city (not church ones)?

I did a bit of singing at school and would love to take it up again. I wouldn't be looking for something overly serious, but would commit to it all the same, if you know what I mean.

Also, what's the norm when joining this kind of group. Would you have to do a singing audition? (don't know if my nerves would take that!)

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Well, the Cork International Choral Festival takes places over the May bank holiday weekend, so you should pop along to a few events featuring local choirs and speak to them there.

http://www.corkchoral.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 The Polyphonics

Hi

Cork city has many choirs, mixed, male, female, church and lay. There are also a number of Barbershop Choruses in the area: "Champagne Cork" and "Java" are the two ladies choruses and "The Polyphonics" is the local male chorus. Most choruses would allow you a few weeks to see if you are enjoying the singing before they would put you through a descrete audition.

Didn't notice if you were male or female.

We, the Polyphonics, are always always looking looking for new members

For more information have a look at our blog at www.polyphonicschorus.blogspot.com

Seán

Advertisement