Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling Abroad

Options
  • 15-04-2009 4:43pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Not sure if this would be better under travel, but hopefully someone has encountered this!
    Im going on holidays at the end of May with my 5 year old daughter. She has her own passport. Do I need anything to allow me, as her father, travel overseas with her without her mother? Im pretty sure once the child has a passport its fine, but if anyone has any clarity it would be perfect. She has a double barreled surname if that helps.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

If you don't have guardianship rights then you need a medical release form.
    Basically a letter saying you are in charge of the child and can make if needs be any medical decisions while the child is in your care.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Thanks for that. Is it just a signed letter written by the mother, or is it a specific form that needs to be filled out?

Advertisement