Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you have a relationship with your Mixer?

• 15-04-2009 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭

My kitchen smells badly of solvents and there are screw drivers and bits of wire and solder all over the place but my mixer is back from the dead.
    I hadn't used it in a while and something went on Monday night as I started warming up for my set.
    I was a bit upset as it was (and is) a little beaut of a mixer to work with.

This prompted a question for me and you other DJ's.
    Do you have a strong connection with your Mixer, or any of your other Dj equipment like your decks.
    It wasn't just the thought of spending cash on replacing it.
    I'm sure ye know what I mean

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Dont really have a "relationship" with any of my equipment to be honest.... :P

Its all the same wherever you use it!

As long as everything works im happy!

I did however spend 180 quid recently on getting my 2 X 1210s serviced and put gold connections on them (after 7 yrs of owning it) & my pioneer 600 had a few buttons / channels missing and the x-fader had snapped off from gigs and the like, so I really needed to send em both in for a service!

I probably could have done it myself aswell but I really just wasnt arsed in messing about....

I just know what I need when im playing in a club or wherever, I dont use vinyl anymore but I still love my 1210s as they are where I came from!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

not really but i do love vestax mixers.still think there the best out there for the money.id tend not to get too fond of the flashy mixers as you never know what the setup in a particular club would be like.
    played a few places with mixers that had nothing but volume faders.it did actually freak the other dj who was also playing out a bit but it was cool for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If I beat a partner like I do my mixer I'd be in prison for domestic abuse. Its not the most reliable and some percussive mainto does it wonders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

I have a "I paid €1950 for this" kind of relationship with my decks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

I have a "I paid €1950 for this" kind of relationship with my decks.

I have one of those with my girlfriend

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 hectic79

yea i have a love hate wit mine love it whn it works,and hate it when its not lol, tryin to sell me technics turntables to get a new 1, check it out have it up as dj gear,:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I have a relationship with my MP3s' actually, a steady one at that as well :pac:

(winner of the most bizzare thread title of the decade:eek::D:D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

A relationship? Like the way some folks have a relationship with their cars?

Actually, I'm quite attached to my 1210's. Bought them secondhand in 1992 and they're still going strong. Been through a lot together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

haha bazmo, i nearly got sacked from my job for sending that around in an email uncensored entitled, "some idiot banged my car"

but to answer the original question, i did when i had my djm400 back in the day and maybe i will if i pick up a cdj400 and a new mixer

Advertisement