Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who do the Teachers think they are fooling?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

tallaght01 wrote: »
    The CSO figures include principles, though. They must be outliers, in the data sense?

I don't dislike the figures. I think young teachers would be well worth 60k.

They contribute more to the economy and society than most of us posting on this thread.

Not based on the principals allowances posted above, their number is very small and they don't get paid enough extra to skew the figures significantly.
    Also, they are teachers so they should be included in the figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cobweb

gurramok wrote: »
    We're talking about Primary school teachers here, they are the ones having a strike.
    quote]
    I am a primary school teacher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 amyloo

NOT POSSIBLE WHEN YOUR SELF EMPLOYED
    BUT STILL THE GOVERMENT SAYS THAT ALL THE IMIGRANT BUILDERS ARE GOING HOME SO I SHOULD BE OK FOR WORK NEXY WEEK AND MY LADS CAN THEN GET THIER FIRST PAY RISE IN 10 YEARS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

amyloo wrote: »
    NOT POSSIBLE WHEN YOUR SELF EMPLOYED
    BUT STILL THE GOVERMENT SAYS THAT ALL THE IMIGRANT BUILDERS ARE GOING HOME SO I SHOULD BE OK FOR WORK NEXY WEEK AND MY LADS CAN THEN GET THIER FIRST PAY RISE IN 10 YEARS

what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

omahaid wrote: »
    You're dead right, the amount of time I spend searching for profit, feckin hell, dunno how I get anywork done. Come on, if teachers are really genuine about giving something back to society, how about not striking? That'll do for a start

No, there's only so much we'll stand for. The govt and all those anti-teacher begrudger just push and push and push. And you know what? It snaps. FF know they have teachers by the balls because WE LOVE OUR JOBS, it's a vocation, we care bout the kids and we won't leave the jobs. We'll try and make it work, we'll put up with so much. But ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. My friends have lost their jobs; both language support teacher and SNAs, my kids have lost their language support allocation and their SNAs, I'm sure the subsidised books and lunches will be gone next, the classes will get bigger, more kids thrown into prefabs. My college friends won't be employed when they graduate, I know teachers that can't retire because it's not worth it. They want us to work harder for less because they ****ed up.

It doesn't even matter because y'all seem to be thick as sh1te. No offense but why start a debate if you won't listen?

I'm beaten thanks. You've made me feel completely ashamed for choosing a job where I try to make a difference. Nothing we say or do is enough. I make 960e a fortnight and most of that goes on rent. I didn't vote to strike. I feel like just going in to school at 9, barely going through the motions, not caring and running straight out at 2:30. That's what I'm being accused of anyway so why do differently?

Fcuk ya's now. I'm done. Enjoy this useless thread. Its disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭BubbleWrap85

i think that teachers and lecturers have a pretty tough job, i woudnt put up with the crap they have to deal with. Im assuming the govt has wiped a good chunk out of their pay and pension and they are mad as hell. These are the people who look after our children, they should be paid well and respected.
    You've touched on an interesting point.

Any of us who have children [I don't] surely deem them to be one of the most [if not, THE most] important people in our lives. It seems natural that we want the BEST for them. i.e. the best education. I think that teachers nowadays are motivated, interested and creative - something many teachers years ago were not. If anyone wants to come and look at my laptop and see the amount of things I've downloaded [school related] maybe that would give a little insight into the committment I have to the children in my class. Yes swaying off the point I suppose [I'm also impressed - serious discussions/arguments in AH! Shock!] but just to reiterate - teachers are teachers primarily for wanting to help children and give something back to the society. All we seem to be receiving is a spat of attacks and abuse :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

cobweb wrote: »
    I am a primary school teacher

Then how many holidays do you get in a full year?

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    No, there's only so much we'll stand for. The govt and all those anti-teacher begrudger just push and push and push. And you know what? It snaps. FF know they have teachers by the balls because WE LOVE OUR JOBS, it's a vocation, we care bout the kids and we won't leave the jobs. We'll try and make it work, we'll put up with so much. But ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. My friends have lost their jobs; both language support teacher and SNAs, my kids have lost their language support allocation and their SNAs, I'm sure the subsidised books and lunches will be gone next, the classes will get bigger, more kids thrown into prefabs. My college friends won't be employed when they graduate, I know teachers that can't retire because it's not worth it.

It doesn't even matter because y'all seem to be thick as sh1te. No offense but why start a debate if you won't listen?

I'm beaten thanks. You've made me feel completely ashamed for choosing a job where I try to make a difference. Nothing we say or do is enough. I make 960e a fortnight and most of that goes on rent. I didn't vote to strike. I feel like just going in to school at 9, barely going through the motions, not caring and running straight out at 2:30. That's what I'm being accused of anyway so why do differently?

there not attacking teachers, the levy's are for the whole of the public sector? how is an attack on teachers?

your employers had more money you got more

they have less now you get less

it's the across the board.

would you be willing to take A PAY CUT 20-30% AND WE DROP THE LEVY'S?

why won't teachers answer this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

spurious wrote: »
    I have no problem with pay cuts and levies I have to pay. I'm lucky in that
    I am of the age where it was possible to buy a house for under 20k and it
    has been paid off for some time now.
    I do not have kids, I do not have a car, I do not have second property
    anywhere, I do not have any loans.

I do have a problem with the children I teach being put into much bigger
    classes.

I'm not talking about honours Leaving Cert. kids.
    I teach inner city kids who cannot read, or read at the level of an
    'average' 6 year old when they come to us at 13/14 (inevitably having
    repeated a yr in primary) but still have to do the same exams as everyone
    else. Their school library funding is gone, so there goes the individual
    reading programmes they were following and having some success at.

The Junior Cert Schools Programme is gone (an add-on for those who are not
    likely to pass 5 subjects at Junior Cert.).
    The Leaving Certificate Applied funding is gone, so they will not get a
    Leaving Cert. because the Established Leaving generally requires a reading
    age of 10-12 to be able to tackle at even Ordinary Level.

Gone is the extra English language provision for those who have the added
    problem of trying to be educated in a language that is not their own.

These are not 'special' kids. These are kids that neglect (both State and
    parental in some cases) has beaten the fight out of, who experience failure
    at almost everything they try, who spend their days in school terrified they
    will be asked a question that will spotlight their difficulties.

In my classroom, I cannot use textbooks, as none of them are simple enough
    for the guys to read, but these same kids from September will be put in with
    the neighbouring class, some of whom read at 14 and 15. They are all going
    to suffer from this, though I think those with better reading skills will at
    least be able to manage.

I don't think parents out there realise just how bad this is getting. Wait
    til those of you with kids choosing LC subjects are hit with the dropping of
    subjects from the school timetable. I have not yet met a colleague whose
    school is not losing at least one Leaving Cert. subject. Wait til your kid's
    school loses its Transition Year (a programme shown to benefit all that take
    part in it in terms of exam results, but also regarding maturity and social
    confidence). I would hate to have kids entering secondary school at the
    moment. Their choices and opportunities are going to be severely restricted.

I can't speak for what's going on in primary, but I'd say it's more of the
    same.

In fairness that's a terrific post and it's fantastic that you have the interest as so obviously comes across from your post.

In the perfect world we would like to do all the things we want, but in these imperfect times,cuts have to be made and in my opinion, and it would appear, yours, the public service must take a cut.

Various teachers conferences have taken place recently which may or may not be representative of the general workforce, from experience it would be the latter,but the line being thrown out would appear to be the teachers whinging and behaving like spoiled children when addressed by the Minister.

Is it any wonder the general public say "fook this" when they read and see this stuff,while redundancies and job losses whizz around their ears like ack ack fire.?

Despite dedicated people like yourself, the public find this posturing hard to swallow.

No, there's only so much we'll stand for. The govt and all those anti-teacher begrudger just push and push and push. And you know what? It snaps. FF know they have teachers by the balls because WE LOVE OUR JOBS, it's a vocation, we care bout the kids and we won't leave the jobs. We'll try and make it work, we'll put up with so much. But ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. My friends have lost their jobs; both language support teacher and SNAs, my kids have lost their language support allocation and their SNAs, I'm sure the subsidised books and lunches will be gone next, the classes will get bigger, more kids thrown into prefabs. My college friends won't be employed when they graduate, I know teachers that can't retire because it's not worth it. They want us to work harder for less because they ****ed up.

Thought you were on sick leave?

I see the LOVE and CARE as good words, then apply them to the kids by striking in the summer or even better, tell your colleagues how futile their position is on striking over good pay.

• Advertisement

Then how many holidays do you get in a full year?

Surely I dont need to tell you the answer to that as are you are the one who has been harping on about holidays and making an issue of it asking people what they do with theirs O fount of knowledge:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

My college friends won't be employed when they graduate, I know teachers that can't retire because it's not worth it. They want us to work harder for less because they ****ed up.

Geez, sounds tough, I won't go into my own sob story, but I assure you I have one. They want us all to suffer, I accept that. What I dont accept is that some groups feel like they are exempt. We all need to suck it up for the greater good, I don't like it much either.

11 weeks altogether on holidays. But guess what, it's one of the perks of the job. Just like a company car would be, or a top of the range mobile phone!! If they're so appealing, really, become a teacher! What have ya got to lose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

copacetic wrote: »
    Not based on the principals allowances posted above, their number is very small and they don't get paid enough extra to skew the figures significantly.
    Also, they are teachers so they should be included in the figures.

The CSO methodology section says all allowances and overtime are included.

Geez, sounds tough, I won't go into my own sob story, but I assure you I have one. They want us all to suffer, I accept that. What I dont accept is that some groups feel like they are exempt. We all need to suck it up for the greater good, I don't like it much either.

Cloud cukoo land for most of them there locked away in their own worlds in their secure little jobs and don't give a f*ck what's going on everywhere else

unemployment rate growing, pay cuts and freezes happeinging everywhere some months we're seeing 1500 people let go a day and these people ahev the nerve earning 60k with months of holdays and big pensions feel their too important to lose a few quid a month

it's revolting and disgusting and they should be ashamed of themselves tbh

no frigging idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

BubbleWrap, spurious, Lil Kitten, D4RK ONION and cobweb, I wouldn't bother - gurramok, ntlbell, omahaid and FlutterinBantam will only pick up on and twist the bits that suit their argument regarding this profession they're not in.

so true Dudess its hard to fight ignorance

Dudess wrote: »
    BubbleWrap, spurious, Lil Kitten and cobweb, I wouldn't bother - gurramok, ntlbell, omahaid and FlutterinBantam will only pick up on and twist the bits that suit their argument regarding this profession they're not in.

are you not doing the exact same thing?

you yourself don't agree with the strikes

why don't you enlighten us all how you really feel about it instead of this devils advocate nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Quite a long thread.
    So to get back to the OP, what is the dispute here

Are teachers fighting for:
    • better salaries
      or
    • better conditions and facilities for their students

Which is it?
    The Department of Education has a limited budget. So when teachers walked out of the ministers speech last week which was the main issue from my list?
    Just asking.
    I'm expecting a reply of both but once again it's a limited budget and likely to be even more cutbacks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

ntlbell wrote: »
    there not attacking teachers, the levy's are for the whole of the public sector? how is an attack on teachers?

your employers had more money you got more

they have less now you get less

it's the across the board.

would you be willing to take A PAY CUT 20-30% AND WE DROP THE LEVY'S?

why won't teachers answer this?

ffs im sick and tired of this. ive lost 500eu a month (apparantly i should be glad i still have a job. i can barely afford to keep my mortgage repayments and the people I serve now begrudge me.. teachers, lecturers, librarians nurses, guards, these are the people who make the world tick.

Shame on the lot of you

BubbleWrap, spurious, Lil Kitten, D4RK ONION and cobweb, I wouldn't bother - gurramok, ntlbell, omahaid and FlutterinBantam will only pick up on and twist the bits that suit their argument regarding this profession they're not in.

I disagree completely. Do you think I'm sitting here in a nice bubble with no idea whats going on around me? I have kids in primary school. I've seen some of the conditions and they are horrific, where were the teachers for the last few years? The conditions have been shocking for years, I have complained! Where were the teachers then??? No word from them at all. Conditions in school have been horrific for years, what disgusts me is that it is only now teachers say anything about "conditions" when they have been so bad for so long.

Twist?

Dept of Education stats say the average total income for a Primary school teacher is €60k and INTO who represent these teachers want to strike in Sept despite the country going bankrupt.

Now, common sense people object to this immoral strike affecting 5yr olds and we are called ignorant, begrudgers, fools, twisting arguments, career failures as some of the populace don't earn €60k and you agree with that.

The violins are getting louder.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

tallaght01 wrote: »
    The CSO methodology section says all allowances and overtime are included.

:confused: thats what I'm saying, their principles allowance will be included in their pay calcultion, but there are few of them relative to the number of teachers and the extra allowance isn't that much. So imo they couldn't be classed as outliers and wouldn't skew the figures.

ffs im sick and tired of this. ive lost 500eu a month (apparantly i should be glad i still have a job. i can barely afford to keep my mortgage repayments and the people I serve now begrudge me.. teachers, lecturers, librarians nurses, guards, these are the people who make the world tick.

Shame on the lot of you

I feel your pain, I've lost even more, but there is a chance it wont be for much longer, the company I'm in has started mandatory redundancies so...

Shame on the lot of you

Would you rather lose your job,be made redundant??

• Advertisement

Twist?

Dept of Education stats say the average total income for a Primary school teacher is €60k and INTO who represent these teachers want to strike in Sept despite the country going bankrupt.

Now, common sense people object to this immoral strike affecting 5yr olds and we are called ignorant, begrudgers, fools, twisting arguments, career failures as some of the populace don't earn €60k and you agree with that.

The violins are getting louder.
    Did you look at the CSO site there at all for figures regarding wages? :)

Violin is right, all I'm hearing is about this 60 feckin grand! Gettin my hopes up just to be brought back to reality and told no you don't earn anywhere near 60K! Boo!! :(

I disagree completely. Do you think I'm sitting here in a nice bubble with no idea whats going on around me? I have kids in primary school. I've seen some of the conditions and they are horrific, where were the teachers for the last few years? The conditions have been shocking for years, I have complained! Where were the teachers then??? No word from them at all. Conditions in school have been horrific for years, what disgusts me is that it is only now teachers say anything about "conditions" when they have been so bad for so long.

Every year teachers protest about school conditions and appear on the news regularly about school conditions at the moment there is a protest about a school in cabra but that is one of many. teachers are among those who complain having to work in those conditions watch their classes suffer due to bad conditions and sending their children to school with bad conditions and do you not think they have children too so see it from both sides

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

ntlbell wrote: »
    are you not doing the exact same thing?
    Not any more after this.
    you yourself don't agree with the strikes
    Yes, I don't see the point in any public sector workers (myself included) striking in this climate.
    I still reckon the teaching profession in general deserves defending though. It's not just the strike that's being focused on here.
    why don't you enlighten us all how you really feel about it instead of this devils advocate nonsense.
    Oh yeah, what a c*nt I am for trying to be balanced...

Shame on the lot of you

Maybe you should of taken more care when buying your house?

did someone force you to do that?

Have you heard of stress testing? did you do any?

There the only people? how would they get paid without everyone else "ticking" stop talking utter nonsense.

everyone's taken cuts not only levy's BUT REAL PAY CUTS

are you willing to take similar cuts like the private sector which would be "fair" and do away with levy's?

are you willing to do this? is this a fair system?

or what's fair to you?

screw everyone else but not teachers we're above it?

christ all mighty

Do you want everyone in the whole country to lose their job? Without teachers, it'd be a very interesting place indeed..... if some parents were forced to home school their children, bah, they'd be better off seemingly. Hey, maybe there's an idea. If all the parents think it's so easy being a teacher, take your kids out of school and home school them yourself. We'll see how "smart" [both they and] you are in 10 years time! :) At least then you won't have to worry about the salaries teachers are getting - they'll be jobless as well.

• Advertisement

mikemac wrote: »
    Quite a long thread.
    So to get back to the OP, what is the dispute here

Are teachers fighting for:
    • better salaries
      or
    • better conditions and facilities for their students

Which is it?
    The Department of Education has a limited budget. So when teachers walked out of the ministers speech last week which was the main issue from my list?
    Just asking.
    I'm expecting a reply of both but once again it's a limited budget and likely to be even more cutbacks

Its a strike over pay NOT conditions

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0213/breaking42.html
    Opposition to the pensions levy for public sector workers is growing with three teaching unions announcing today they are to ballot their members for industrial action.

The executive council of the Irish National Teachers' Organisation (Into) which represents 30,000 primary teachers said there was "no option" but to seek a mandate for industrial action up to and including strike action

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

[
    copacetic wrote: »
    :confused: thats what I'm saying, their principles allowance will be included in their pay calcultion, but there are few of them relative to the number of teachers and the extra allowance isn't that much. So imo they couldn't be classed as outliers and wouldn't skew the figures.

Well, they're outliers if they get paid significantly more than the average. How many standard deviations would they be from the mean? More than 2 anyway I'd reckon.

that's why medians were invented, Maybe they'd be the same, but it would be interested to see.

Protests, emails/calls/letters to TDs and Ministers, visits from Ministers, press reports etc have been ongoing the last decade or so. I suppose it's a case of only hearing what you want to hear...... I can direct you to a few newspaper articles online regarding teachers advocating for better working conditions for the CHILDREN if you like??

Not any more after this.

Yes, I don't see the point in any public sector workers (myself included) striking in this climate.
    I still reckon the teaching profession in general deserves defending though. It's not just the strike that's being focused on here.

Oh yeah, what a c*nt I am for trying to be balanced...

I'll defend the teachers to the last.

classes too big? you have my support.

Bad working conditions

you have my support.

Wanting to be the only one's not to feel the affect of the recession and going on strike you bloody well loose it

it's time for them to cop on and wake up to the reality of the situation.

Do you want everyone in the whole country to lose their job? Without teachers, it'd be a very interesting place indeed..... if some parents were forced to home school their children, bah, they'd be better off seemingly. Hey, maybe there's an idea. If all the parents think it's so easy being a teacher, take your kids out of school and home school them yourself. We'll see how "smart" [both they and] you are in 10 years time! :) At least then you won't have to worry about the salaries teachers are getting - they'll be jobless as well.

Certainly not, just want the teachers to stop doing the "everybody hates me act" and like the rest of the workforce, get on with taking the measures needed to ensure the whole fookin country doesn't tank down the pan.

That's all.

can you stop rabbiting on about people thinking it's easy

NO ONE THINKS BEEN A TEACHER IS EASY WE UNDERSTAND HOW DIFFUCLT IT IS

THIS IS NOT THE ISSUE

come on teacher, pay attention

no i wouldnt, i worked in Industry for 10 years , Im not immune to the to's and fro's of world economy, what I cant stand is the bitterness foist upon people who granted are virtually immune from redundancy but get paid ****e most of the year. Its time people grew a pair, you had good pay while days were good, you bought jeeps, its over.. sell your jeep and stfu

Did you look at the CSO site there at all for figures regarding wages? :)

Violin is right, all I'm hearing is about this 60 feckin grand! Gettin my hopes up just to be brought back to reality and told no you don't earn anywhere near 60K! Boo!! :(

CSO must be out of date, theirs looks like a survey?

The Dept of Education pays the teachers so they know well how much they get as they deal with the actual euro's.

Sounds like you are either under the average or not getting a good deal while your colleagues roll in it.
    Protests, emails/calls/letters to TDs and Ministers, visits from Ministers, press reports etc have been ongoing the last decade or so. I suppose it's a case of only hearing what you want to hear...... I can direct you to a few newspaper articles online regarding teachers advocating for better working conditions for the CHILDREN if you like??

Then they will have acres of time to do the above during the summer as teachers have stated on this thread they do nothing during that time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Banned for personal abuse.
    Lets try and get back to the merits of the argument and not attacking others.

no i wouldnt, i worked in Industry for 10 years , Im not immune to the to's and fro's of world economy, what I cant stand is the bitterness foist upon people who granted are virtually immune from redundancy but get paid ****e most of the year. Its time people grew a pair, you had good pay while days were good, you bought jeeps, its over.. sell your jeep and stfu

how is earning on average 60k ****e money?

considering the holiday's, security and pension

this is fantastic money

utter nonsense.

maybe you should sell the house you bought if your having problems paying the mortgage?

jeep indeed.

I've seen a few jeeps in the car parks of schools

who owns them?

the kids?

• Advertisement

Withdrawl of services is a poor response to this, we can all do that, lets see how society works then (and we can all shake our fists at the moon from our caves). As an aside, I failed my leaving cert but have a 1:1 from NUI, what does that mean about the teachers, absolutely nothing really so any comment like "We'll see how smart you are in 10 years" is misguided as (in my case) I'm a lot smarter away from the secondary school system

CSO

Then they will acres of time to do the above during the summer as teachers have stated on this thread they do nothing during that time.

Strange I do remember telling you what I do during my summer holidays something to do with courses that will benefit my teaching but I am sure you have the capability to find the post back a few pages to aid your memory.

Strange I do remember telling you what I do during my summer holidays something to do with courses that will benefit my teaching but I am sure you have the capability to find the post back a few pages to aid your memory.

You don't do courses every day of the summer.

It is absolutely incredible that you cannot find a single day to protest outside Dail Eireann.

i earn 37000 a year before tax. I have a Masters degree, my house is woth 50,000 less now then when I bought it, so selling would be futile.

any questions?

i earn 37000 a year before tax. I have a Masters degree, my house is woth 50,000 less now then when I bought it, so selling would be futile.

any questions?

So because you bought an overpriced house without doing any stress testing you're left short

so you want the public coffers to give you a hand?

you're joking right?

I don't believe what I'm hearing.

You're not under financial pressures because of the levy's your under financial pressure because of what sounds like shockingly bad financial planning.

the truth of this problem is starting to surface

any questions?

Your pay is not the issue there, its the decision of the mortgage thats the issue.

Don't worry anyway, your pay will increase on the teachers pay scales every year so you should be comfy.

Pension entitlements?
    Pension contributions?

Is it index linked?

You don't do courses every day of the summer.

It is absolutely incredible that you cannot find a single day to protest outside Dail Eireann.

So unlike you I am not entitled to my holidays to do stuff around the house interesting.

You were giving out about teacher summer holidays and that we do nothing and yet when faced with the fact that for 5-6 weeks of my holidays I am doing courses to assist my teaching and then for another couple of weeks I am planning for year ahead so according to you anytime I have left I am not entitled to enjoy.

And it has been pointed out to you that striking during holidays would be like bankers protesting at Christmas useless and ineffective but since you are insistent on not listening to sense what can be done

im so glad you take pleasure in my financial difficulties. I bought my house on the basis that i had a secure and reasonable repayment scheme. Since christmas Ive had 500eu knocked off my monthly income which has put me in difficulty. I took a huge paycut to work in education cos its what i believed in.

• Advertisement

So unlike you I am not entitled to my holidays to do stuff around the house interesting.

You were giving out about teacher summer holidays and that we do nothing and yet when faced with the fact that for 5-6 weeks of my holidays I am doing courses to assist my teaching and then for another couple of weeks I am planning for year ahead so according to you anytime I have left I am not entitled to enjoy.

And it has been pointed out to you that striking during holidays would be like bankers protesting at Christmas useless and ineffective but since you are insistent on not listening to sense what can be done

I'm all ears. I only get 4 weeks of the year to do stuff around the house, i don't get up to 16 weeks like teachers do. For example, what did you do during the 2 week Easter break?

Christmas only comes once, not for 3 months.

We've had teachers on this tread who said they did nothing and others saying they do grinds and now you're the only one who does courses so which is it for the majority lets say?

Anyway, you cannot find even an hour to protest during your time off on those long summer days?

Advertisement