Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light Fitting

Options
  • 15-04-2009 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

I have got an antique chandelier which i need to fit whoever the problem is there is no chain or celling rose section with it. Does anyone know where i can buy just a celling rose section i.e some sort of brass fitting that will attach to the celling with a hook on the end of it where i could attach a chain?? I have looked in few lighting shops but no luck.

Thanks for any replies in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would imagine B&Q would stock those

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

i know a guy who works with brass and antiques, ill get his number and pm you with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭JOHNPT

Thanks. I rang B&Q but said didnt do them. Falks lighting dont do them. Is there any other big lighting shops?

Thanks for replies

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Try Hicken Lighting along the quays in Dublin, I'm presuming that is where you are from. I bought some wall lamps there and they 'made' some custom shades for them, the lady there said they have a workshop on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

Get a conduit dome hook coverplate, they're galvanised so spray it brass if necessary. Available in any good electrical wholesalers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭edward543350

would you put up a picture of the fitting could help more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭JOHNPT

Thanks everyone for replies. I got sorted.

Advertisement