Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited O2 calls & texts plus landline calls €25 a month 30day contract

• 15-04-2009 6:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

fullpiece_no_counter.jpg
    [Link]

Unlimited calls to O2 Mobiles
    Unlimited texts to O2 Mobiles
    Unlimited calls to all landlines
    Voicemail is Free

Charges outside your inclusive voice minutes & texts

Calls to Irish mobiles: 25c per minute
    Text messages to other Irish mobiles: 10c per text (or use their 250 free webtexts with aft or cabbage)

No long contract, just give 30 days notice. Think this is a good offer, for the fiver extra you get the free landlines, or the free texts from their other clear sim plans. Also this week they are giving a 'Eco charger' on signup.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

that isn't really good value is it? unless you call lots of landlines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

towel401 wrote: »
    that isn't really good value is it? unless you call lots of landlines

Well if over 20mins in a month its better value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

How is this different from their current offerings? other than the charger...)

Random wrote: »
    How is this different from their current offerings? other than the charger...)

The clear plans were

o2 calls and texts
    or
    o2 calls and landline calls.

This is all three for extra fiver on same terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

... nah. Network specific texts and calls FTL.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Can't say anything that shouts "free calls + texts to our network only" is really very ground breaking these days IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,250 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

what's an eco charger?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I'd assume one that doesn't draw current from the wall when not charging the phone. And a more efficient transformer i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Unless i'm missing something but i think its a crap enough offer.

With all the other networks including 02 you get free calls and texts to your own network if you top up by €20 a month and then you have that €20 credit for other calls to other networks and landlines. Granted you get free landlines calls with this but you don't seem to get more minutes to call other networks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I was under the impression that phone batteries have a function similar to that anyway, to prevent overcharging [sic].

Well the eco charger has electronic circuitry been in so that it wont use power setting up a magnetic field in the transformer while its not charging anything.

Normal chargers are always setting up magnetic fields which is using power quite small amounts but when there is so many chargers plugged in it adds up. In the UK it amounts to enough megawatts that one generating station provides.

Advertisement