Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Coins

• 15-04-2009 6:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭

Howdy folks!

Just wondering if anyone in the locality can help me out with a college project.
    I have to take high resolution photographs of a set of old Irish coins and the only two I am missing are the old farthing coin with a woodcock on it and a half crown featuring a horse.

These bad boys:

MODFART.JPGJ01015X2.JPG

Is there anyone who has any of these coins in Waterford who can loan them to me for an hour or two so I can get them photographed??

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

Theres a antiques shop down by Ginos Pizzas on John St. They've loads of old coins and stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

aye, an shopa, the last place in Waterford that accepted the old punt currency

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Chochese wrote: »
    Howdy folks!

Just wondering if anyone in the locality can help me out with a college project.
    I have to take high resolution photographs of a set of old Irish coins and the only two I am missing are the old farthing coin with a woodcock on it and a half crown featuring a horse.

These bad boys:

MODFART.JPGJ01015X2.JPG

Is there anyone who has any of these coins in Waterford who can loan them to me for an hour or two so I can get them photographed??

Cheers!

I know it sounds strange.... but you have the pictures right here....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

Thanks guys, I managed to get my hands on a half crown from that antiques place in the Applemarket!

I was told about Jacksons antiques shop down by the plaza too, forgot about that place. I'll pop down there today and see if they have a farthing to spare.

Robtri, the pictures are there but they don't have enough detail and they're not print quality. I'm looking to reproduce them in a booklet and on a series of posters for a design history project with close up shots.

Here's a sample of an old penny I took last night, and this image is still only 50% of the size I'm working with:

pennysample.jpg

Cheers for your help guys!

Advertisement