Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DN096: Health & Performance Science

Options
  • 15-04-2009 6:37pm

Hi, I'm just looking for feed back on the above course. Is it interesting, OK pressure wise, etc. What are the actual careers that you get out of it? The UCD website is vague enough. Also there is no list of modules for the third year of the course. And what is UCD like also. I'd be enrolling knowing nobody and coming all the way from Cork!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Yeah, I'd like some feedback on this course too? Ya can get all the info in the prospectus/website but it really helps to get a students perspective.

Someone on this thread http://www-srv-3.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=58900817 said there's a work placement on Saturdays 9-5..? Didn't read that on the website. Otherwise, all the info I got was from the modules on ucd.ie

It looks fairly interesting. If you like sport/fitness/exercise and biology than I'd say it'd be good. I'm a bit worried cos I don't do Biology for the Leaving Cert...also career-wise I'm not sure how employable you'd be.

It looks pretty demanding but that's a good thing...not everybody who applied got in last year so I hope the points go down :confused:

I find the modules very interesting, especially if you like biology. And the work placement is very appealing. But I am still worried about the career prospects. What is the exact job that a graduate would be employed in? I would probably use it for a graduate entry Medicine or Physiotherapy, although I haven't fully decided on this course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

wouldn mind doin this course... wonder if you could do a postgrad in physiotherapy after it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

It suggests that the postgraduate oppurttunities are good and maybe they are but it doesn't seem so in relation to Physiotherapy/Sports Physiotherapy.

UCD: Graduate Diploma in Sports Physiotherapy - seems you need a degree in Physiotherapy also. Same for the MSc Sports Physiotherapy

TRINITY:
    MSc Sports and Exercise Medicine - you need to be a chartered physiotherapist.

Same in NUI GALWAY and I presume in the UK and other countries

I know these are all Physiotherapy in relation to Sport but I can't find any Postgraduate Degrees in Physiotherapy, I'd imagine mostly because it'd be pretty difficult to qualify someone as a physiotherapist in 2 years even if you have a degree in Health Science.

:(

Advertisement