Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I suspect Tenants have done a bunk...HELP

Options
  • 15-04-2009 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi.... I have had RA Tenants since just before Christmas. Every month their rent has been late with an assortment of excuses. The last two rent payments have been substantially short even though I dropped their rent. I have been phoning and texting constantly for the last 4 days looking for answers with no reply. I called up to the house this evening... no car out front, no lights on and all blinds and curtains closed. I left a note in the door for them to contact me but I'm worried that they may have ran off. Anyone any ideas what my next step should be? Can I gain access to the property or do I have to sit tight for 28 days if I was to post eviction notice into letterbox?

Cheers folks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

Rent not paid = breach of contract.

Perhaps they are drug dealers and you see something in the window that looks like drug paraphernalia. You may need to call the police.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

GO IN TOMORROW at 7am,or anytime, you have a right to enter the house to secure it,if thier clothes ,tv,possesions are gone then ,they are gone,they prby got new accomodation,or a corpo house,its possible,they coud have gone away on ho[idays ,if there stuff is still there ,you, have 2 wait ,give them 2 weeks to come back,if there stuff is gone change the front door lock, as they
    cannot be trusted,thier tenancy is over.sounds like they done a bunk,knock on door be4 you go in ,as they may come back tonite.its common for people to do this to save on paying rent.IF they are gone they,ll take their stuff with them.i see no need to call police ,if they are gone this tenancy is over,you still have a deposit.IF they left,you have a duty to secure property,change the lock,there s no need to wait 4 28days,that woud be very dangerous,foolish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Be very very careful how you proceed, i think both the previous suggestions could leave you open to some seriously empty pockets.

Drop in a note saying you'll be around the next day at whatever-o-clock, text them also, then go and have a looksee. Dont show up unnanounced and let yourself in, it's a grey area legally, regardless of the fact you have good cause to think they're after leaving unexpectedly.

Advertisement