Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBOX 360 Headset

• 15-04-2009 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭

Which of these are the best...

Headset 1

or

Headset 2

I know the second look better and probably more comfortable.

Which would you recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

both wil be **** quailty i had the 2nd one & the sound was crap, people could barley hear me, its such a waster of money if u love gaming get this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Turtle-Beach-Force-Headset-Xbox/dp/B000HM1GUY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1239825831&sr=8-1

they are brilliant, money well spent, sound quailty is 10/10, you can also use them for listening to ur tv or pc or anything with an input, u wont regret it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

both wil be **** quailty i had the 2nd one & the sound was crap, people could barley hear me, its such a waster of money if u love gaming get this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Turtle-Beach-Force-Headset-Xbox/dp/B000HM1GUY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1239825831&sr=8-1

they are brilliant, money well spent, sound quailty is 10/10, you can also use them for listening to ur tv or pc or anything with an input, u wont regret it

Right. But :eek: I wasn't thinking of spending that much on them.

Are the first ones that same as the ones you get from Microsoft?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

kleefarr wrote: »
    Right. But :eek: I wasn't thinking of spending that much on them.

Are the first ones that same as the ones you get from Microsoft?

Unless you're going to spend a lot of money for a decent upgrade to Turtle Beach or Tritton headphones, just stick with the OEM MS headphones. They're the best of the basic headphones... you really do get what you pay for when it comes to headsets and mics. Can't stress how great the Turtle Beach sets are. I've got the wireless X4 ones and they bring gaming to a new level. Trust me, get a set and you'll wish you invested in them years ago...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

im on my 6th headset:p , i think they break too easy, but it could just be me being an idiot and breaking them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

brennaldo wrote: »
    im on my 6th headset:p , i think they break too easy, but it could just be me being an idiot and breaking them.

I wouldn't worry about it, they are filmsy. I've broken loads too.

That's why I decided to spend more and get a decent set. First bought a Tritton AX360, which proved awesome. They have 5.1 surround sound, as well as XBL chat. Two months later, I decided to get another wireless set from Turtle Beach. Spent a fortune but I don't regret it for a second. Hate playing without them now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 xX Mark Xx

All the headsets were terrible and broke easily until I got the turtle beach ones. Now I can hear people running around in call of duty and get more kills. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

so which are best to get now? im tempted by the turtle beach X1 for about 40 euro but they have to be connected via USB and the cable to the joypad, yea? Because that could well suck even with the improved audio. any alternatives in or around that price, im not spending crazy money on a headset...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Quick question about the turtle beach headset.
    Im running a 360 on a pc monitor [looks so much better than my panasopnic 32" 1080p tv]
    To get sound i use a speaker system.
    For this turtle beach headset can i plug straight into the 360 or do i need speakers?
    The reason i ask is sometimes i use my pc headset [sennheiser] but i have to plug into the speakers as theres no input jack on the 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

http://cgi.ebay.ie/HEADSET-WITH-MICROPHONE-FOR-XBOX-360-XBOX360-LIVE-4021_W0QQitemZ120464649483QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN?hash=item1c0c40ad0b

i got these ones above for 5 euro not from this guy but a different guy from hong kong. big difference in gameing very good for cod it takes 8 ot 9 days to come in the post(pp is free) ya cant go wrong for a 5er

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

naughto wrote: »
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/HEADSET-WITH-MICROPHONE-FOR-XBOX-360-XBOX360-LIVE-4021_W0QQitemZ120464649483QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN?hash=item1c0c40ad0b

i got these ones above for 5 euro not from this guy but a different guy from hong kong. big difference in gameing very good for cod it takes 8 ot 9 days to come in the post(pp is free) ya cant go wrong for a 5er

i take it there ia no game audio through those. if so, is listening to the game tough because both your ears are covered?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Dcully wrote: »
    Quick question about the turtle beach headset.
    Im running a 360 on a pc monitor [looks so much better than my panasopnic 32" 1080p tv]
    To get sound i use a speaker system.
    For this turtle beach headset can i plug straight into the 360 or do i need speakers?
    The reason i ask is sometimes i use my pc headset [sennheiser] but i have to plug into the speakers as theres no input jack on the 360.

I reckon you'd need a few adaptors to get them working but nothing more then $5 from deal extreme. :) Need to know what cable you're using at the back of your Xbox 360 - Component/HDMI/VGA?

Also need to know what sort of connection your Sennheisers use? 3.5mm or stereo jack?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cheers Kinetic.
    Im running a VGA cable and the Sennheiser headset is using 3.5mm i believe, its the small green and pink male connection thingys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Hmm, presuming the VGA came with the 2 rca to 3.5mm adaptor?

You could just pick up a 3.5mm female to 3.5mm female adaptor. Will find a link when I'm home.

The only issue with running direct to the Xbox 360 is volume control. If you've none on your headset then you're kind of stuck with the standard volume, so what you'll save on power by not having the speaker system on, you'll lose out on volume control.

Advertisement