Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C.T. Wilkinson

Options
  • 15-04-2009 7:55pm

Just watching Les Miserables the live DVD and once again the man impressed the hell out of me. I was turned onto his talents my Dads friend whom is related to the man and absolutly adores his work and rightly so. I have his Jekyl and Hyde to watch next and am looking forward to it immensly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Beautiful..I get shivers everytime I hear him sing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

10 years later at the anniversary concert and he was still incredible! ....my favourite Valjean by far...wish he was still performing...

He is appearing in the current series of The Tudors. Watched it over the weekend tust to see his scenes in episode 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I have his Jekyl and Hyde to watch next and am looking forward to it immensly.
    Have you watched this yet? And if so was it good?
    (I saw Jekyl and Hyde in the NCH last year by the glasnevin crowd and it was really good, I'd like to hear some of the songs again) :)

star-pants wrote: »
    Have you watched this yet? And if so was it good?
    (I saw Jekyl and Hyde in the NCH last year by the glasnevin crowd and it was really good, I'd like to hear some of the songs again) :)

It is absolutly fantastic. Was listening to the soundtrack earlier today and it put me in the mood to rewatch Jekyl and Hyde for the third time. I cannot recommend his Les Miserables anniversary DVD enough. Should be getting a signed copy of it soon. Going to see him live and have been promised a few minutes in the mans company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

The lad is immense. Have seen him 5 times now, particularly like him in Phantom and he is the best Valjean I have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Old thread but I just spotted it. Where did you get his Jekyll & Hyde DVD Darko? I know there is one starring the Hoff but didn't know Colm Wilkinson also had one.

I saw him as Valjean back when he was in it in the Point, twas incredible.

If you like J&H I highly recommend the Original Concept Recording with Anthony Warlow, the man has the voice of a God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I first saw him live about 32 years ago in a pub I worked in when he was in his rock phase before the shows,he was excellent then I remember and have seen him lots of times over his career, saw him recently in the wonderful new opera house in Wexford,standing front of stage singing Boolavogue unaccompanied, he was immense, what a performer ..

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

The dude is top class. Saw him in the national Concert Hall this summer as part of his Irish Tour. Immense. Mix of the musical stuff with rock. I was lucky enough to have seen him also as Valjean in The Point a few years ago. Can anyone tell me from recent visits to london, what The current Phantom or current Valjean are like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I saw Les Mis last April and the Val Jean was grand but to be honest I wasnt as impressed with him as I was with John Owen-Jones from a few years back. Would love to see him in the role again! Havent seen Phantom in London yet :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nhonagaywa

Old thread but I just spotted it. Where did you get his Jekyll & Hyde DVD Darko? I know there is one starring the Hoff but didn't know Colm Wilkinson also had one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

I remember when this guy used do shows in athenry Temperance halls. How far he's risen, eh?
    He's an amazing talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Fantastic

Advertisement