Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charge for using ATM card in Prague? (Student)

Options
  • 15-04-2009 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, seemed the best place to put it...

I have a 3rd level student current account with BOI. I have a Laser/Maestro/Cirrus card so will work in ATM's when I go to Prague for a weekend soon.

My question is, does anyone know if i'll be charged a fee each time I use the ATM in Prague? And if so, how much? (Remembering I have a student account - or does this not make a difference??)

Would be greatful if anyone knew, if not i'll ring 365 online and post answer up here :)

Thanks folks

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Yes, you will be charged even though you have a student account, there are 'Cirrus' charges for using your card outside the Euro zone (everyone has to pay these, students, golden years, staff etc). If you were going to say Spain or France, there would be no charge as the currency is Euro.

The charge is worked on a percentage of what you take out, the minimum charge is around €3.00, so it's more economical to take out larger amounts less frequently, as opposed to doing loads of little withdrawals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Seriously John, Google is your friend

http://www.bankofireland.ie/html/gws/students/third_level/account_for_you/index.html

http://www.boi.ie/includes/personal/pdfs/fees_charges.pdf

Not being smart but, I found this in less than a minute.

Advertisement