Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick question - balsamic dressing

• 15-04-2009 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

i made a salad dressing a good while back and have some left, its at least a month old, would it be ok to eat? it contains olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper. i would make more but have no oil left. it has been stored in the fridge.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Should be fine if it was in something airtight. The olive oil mightn't have appreciated the cold - it can seperate. If it did, though, just let it stand otuside the fridge until it reaches room temp, and it should all be ok.

Smell it...you'll know if its gone off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

thanks, it was grand. well tasted better than before but only time will tell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Well think about it - the dressing is made up of things used to preserve other foods - oil, vinegar, salt, pepper - so it should keep for quite some time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

Well think about it - the dressing is made up of things used to preserve other foods - oil, vinegar, salt, pepper - so it should keep for quite some time!

true, i was a little worried about the pepper though.

Advertisement