Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bennigans Mahon point - opinions?

Options
  • 15-04-2009 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Just wondering if anyone has gone to Bennigans in mahon pt? What do they think?
    The one review I can find online indicates its the worst meal they ever had!!

I'm thinking of going there before the cinema with my girlfriend next week.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Isnt it renamed to Brannigans now or something like that? I havent eaten in there in a about two years so cant say what they're like now but back then I remember thinking it was very expensive for what you got. The food was ok - nothing special but you could get a beer with your meal so it beats the food court.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Wouldn't say it's the worst meal I ever had, but wouldn't go back unless the rest of the food court was shut. My order was wrong twice (this was on a quiet mid-day lunch, probably 6 other people in the place), food was half cold, was mediocre to taste, and not good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

JohnK wrote: »
    Isnt it renamed to Brannigans now or something like that?

So it is! Just checked and its Brannigans Bar and Grill now. Well same question still applys, doesn't sound great so far...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

It's now Closed For Business!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

Thank goodness for that, now maybe some decent restaurant will open up in its place. We went there twice and it was dreadful, awful, greasy, tasteless, overpriced food. Customer service was non-existant and service in general was slow, apathetic and unprofessional.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Thank goodness for that, now maybe some decent restaurant will open up in its place.
    Hopefully.

Mahon Point badly needs a place where you can a proper lunch, ie. not fast food and not overpriced sandwiches in those cafes.

Advertisement