Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bodyparts

Options
  • 15-04-2009 8:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

I had a dream last night that I has cats whiskers on my face. They actually really suited me I think :confused: I was standing in front of a mirror admiring them but then all the practicalities of having them started to sink in so I started testing them by walking out a door. There were no problems I am happy to report.

I was thinking today, it wouldnt be so bad and they would be quite fetching and very helpful in certain situations (Dont ask - I havent thought that far ahead (haha), t'was a busy day)

If I could have an extra feature it would be cats whiskers...but Id call them my cheek lashes or something nicer than whiskers anyway. Whiskers is too manny.

Anyone else have dreams or notions like that? Just curious really. :)

Comments

Deepsense wrote: »
    I had a dream last night that I has cats whiskers on my face. They actually really suited me I think :confused: I was standing in front of a mirror admiring them but then all the practicalities of having them started to sink in so I started testing them by walking out a door. There were no problems I am happy to report.

I was thinking today, it wouldnt be so bad and they would be quite fetching and very helpful in certain situations (Dont ask - I havent thought that far ahead (haha), t'was a busy day)

If I could have an extra feature it would be cats whiskers...but Id call them my cheek lashes or something nicer than whiskers anyway. Whiskers is too manny.

Your wired to the moon you! :D

My dreams tend to grand, vividly layered, entertaining capers. Slightly ridiculious stories. Like killer snow men are after my family.:eek: I never see myself in my dreams. I'm always observing.

Sometimes I dream of things that have yet to happen to me. Exactly as I percieve them when they do.

Monkeyfudge has tail envy. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

What??? :confused: Wow... What a great post. Love it. :D

Can't think of anything now but I'll come back in the morning if I have some inspiration tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

Are you on crack?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Your wired to the moon you! :D
    QFT :D and fair play. I love how the first thanks you got was from Lil Kitten. Brilliant:D

I had a very strange dream where I could see time. Literally. I could see how time left an imprint on reality. Where was and is and now are all constructs of being locked into linear time. I could see how even mundane actions affected how the complete reality varied and that what we think of empty space was so full, completely full of last and future things. It was veeeery freaky and overwhelming.

Cat's whiskers would be cool though. To have that extra sense of touch and appreciation beyond our own senses. Birds wings I would love too. To feel the wind under them would be amazing. I've had the flying dreams and they are the best. To be able to sense like a dolphin or a whale or a bat would be amazing too. To make a sound and "see" the dark world around you. They basically sing their world into existence. How cool would that be?:eek:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Banter Joe wrote: »
    Are you on crack?
    Nope, but you're on a weeks break. Read the charter of this forum and understand the spirit of it before posting again. Thank you

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

My dreams and I dream most nights , mainly involve people I know or knew but sometimes they are so bizzare , weird and byond explanation ,I find myself asking next day ' what the F was that all about ' ? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Your wired to the moon you!

All I need is an owl and a beautiful pea green boat and you could be part of my nursey rhyme. welcome to the crazy :)
    Like killer snow men are after my family.

And you call me crazy? :p
    Monkeyfudge has tail envy.

U O me 1 x new keyboard :D
    I love how the first thanks you got was from Lil Kitten. Brilliant

Haha! I didnt even cop it!
    I had a very strange dream where I could see time. Literally. I could see how time left an imprint on reality. Where was and is and now are all constructs of being locked into linear time. I could see how even mundane actions affected how the complete reality varied and that what we think of empty space was so full, completely full of last and future things. It was veeeery freaky and overwhelming.

One day Im going to switch on the telly and theres going to be a breaking news item that the real Dr Who has been found! Jesus Wibbs...I dont even understand that dream :eek: Back to the time forum with you! Welcome to the moon :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Bloody weird dreams of late - yesterday, a herd of dinosaurs being chased by tanks through my local village, around the corner and up the road past my house, while I hung over the whole mess from a tree. How I got up there I don't know.

Whiskers seem normal to me by comparison.

Blush_01 wrote: »
    Bloody weird dreams of late - yesterday, a herd of dinosaurs being chased by tanks through my local village, around the corner and up the road past my house, while I hung over the whole mess from a tree. How I got up there I don't know.

Whiskers seem normal to me by comparison.
    Were you watching Jumaji early in the evening by any chance ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I destress through sleep/dreams.

Possibly the worst was when I was on Champix to give up fags (side effect is dreams) and I dreamt my boss was a secret Capuchin Monk (the ones with the brown hooded robes)

Every day he changed from his suit to his robe at ten am, collected his acolytes, and they proceeded to the grassy knoll in work (doesn't exist) to pray for 20 minutes, then went back, changed and were normal again.

Drugs free, I once woke up a bf, insisting that the tiny baby sharks in Petstop had escaped and were eating the rabbits, and demanded that he go there, break in, put the sharks back in their tank and bring the rabbits to the vet.

Cats whiskers are cool though, you know cats whiskers are the widest part of them, so once the whiskers fit through somewhere the cat knows they can get in?

no more estimating how many breaths you need to draw in when you park in a space and discover you can't get out, trapped between car seat/door/parking barrier, just stick out the head complete with whiskers and re park if needed.

Cool cool dream.

• Advertisement

nouggatti wrote: »
    Cats whiskers are cool though, you know cats whiskers are the widest part of them, so once the whiskers fit through somewhere the cat knows they can get in?

no more estimating how many breaths you need to draw in when you park in a space and discover you can't get out, trapped between car seat/door/parking barrier, just stick out the head complete with whiskers and re park if needed.
    I call them my wing mirrors.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Suzyq

Check this guy out - saw a documentary about him last year which was disturbing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/joserouse/Odd/CatMan_M_Aitchison.jpg

Anyhow - there's where a fixation on cats whiskers can lead you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 supadude

wow thats super freaky

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Wibbs wrote: »
    I call them my wing mirrors.:D

lol :D My spacial awareness is not good, usually when I am parking beside the small trolley bays, trapping myself half in and out of my car

Check this guy out - saw a documentary about him last year which was disturbing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2..._Aitchison.jpg

Anyhow - there's where a fixation on cats whiskers can lead you...

Is he real? How did he get the whishers in as a matter of interest? :) That must have hurt alot. It must be like permenant needles stuck in your face.

Mine were more out to the side (and alot sleeker :pac: )

This reminds me I used to lie in bed frozen with fear that cows would invade out house and run up the stairs when I was little. No reason in particular - I didnt mind cows at all in the daytime whenI saw them. :confused:
    Id forgotten all about it until the ad for the Cravendale milk came out about the cows wanting hteir milk back and surrounding a supermarket ninja style about two years ago. The first time I saw it I nearly fainted with recalled fear. :eek:

Thanks Da Kitty! LOL. Brilliant :D

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Deepsense, you ARE the cats whiskers.

If I could have new animal type body parts, Id take wings, or gills.

I dreamt once that I was shot, by a firing squad, along with about 20 other people. There was a queue of other people waiting to also be shot. I fell to the ground, realised I was dead, then got up and told the people waiting not to worry, it was fine, didnt hurt a bit.
    Wibbs wrote:
    Even more freaky, I had the same kind of revelation as part of a deep meditation. Twas like an explanation of how we are caught within linear time, but if you move outside of it you can see how it all coexists simultaneously. I always thought it took strong drugs to think like that. ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I have about 3-4 extremely vivd dreams once a month, I wake up thinking everything is true, they are so real I can taste, smell and feel things during these dreams and it can take me days to shake off the feelings and emotions they stir up.

Deepsense, you ARE the cats whiskers.

Haha! See, this is a moment where I would stroke my flashes (feline + lashes = latest name) and maybe purr a little. :)

had a very strange dream where I could see time. Literally. I could see how time left an imprint on reality. Where was and is and now are all constructs of being locked into linear time. I could see how even mundane actions affected how the complete reality varied and that what we think of empty space was so full, completely full of last and future things. It was veeeery freaky and overwhelming

+
    Even more freaky, I had the same kind of revelation as part of a deep meditation. Twas like an explanation of how we are caught within linear time, but if you move outside of it you can see how it all coexists simultaneously. I always thought it took strong drugs to think like that.

= Dr, I think you may have found your Rose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Suzyq

Is he real? How did he get the whishers in as a matter of interest? :) That must have hurt alot. It must be like permenant needles stuck in your face.

Mine were more out to the side (and alot sleeker :pac: )

Oh my God it was gross - he had these plugs inserted in his face that he used screw the whiskers into. The cat features are also permanently tattooed onto his face and he has had his teeth filed and loads of other stuff done to make him look more feline. Gross I tells ya! If you Google cat man it'll take you through the horror...

My dreams are always in colour to ....widescreen in fact .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Latchy wrote: »
    Were you watching Jumaji early in the evening by any chance ?

Not as far as I know. Were there dinosaurs and army tanks in Jumanji?

Getting a bit sick of complicated dreams to be honest.

Blush_01 wrote: »
    Not as far as I know. Were there dinosaurs and army tanks in Jumanji?

Getting a bit sick of complicated dreams to be honest.
    No but loads of elephents ,rhinosoros ,Ostritchs , lions ,tigers and one mad ol dude with an elephent gun .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Deep Sence last night i dreamt of cat food eating it :/ Ive eatin the odd dogy biscit out of curiosity but not cat food, quite weird....

At the risk of being lynched for mentioning the "R" word in here, it may well happen yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Man, now I really want whiskers. I'd also prefer if my ears were like cat ears, you know, all cute and on top of my head. :D

In case you can't tell, I'm a cat person.

Advertisement