Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Indigestion / Heartburn with exercise

• 15-04-2009 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Been slowly getting into the running (counch to 5km plan). Stopped and started a few times but getting better all the time and I'm finding it easier plus I really enjoy it.

Anyway - I seem to suffer from Heartburn / indigestion a little too often for my liking. Usually its fine but when I start to exert myself it can come on and its really annoying. As I said its not everytime but I can't pin it down to one particluar food item.

Usually I will run/walk in the evening - maybe before or after dinner. Here would be a working food day.

Brekkie - Porridge with Raisins / Sultanas made with milk
    Mid morning - Cup of coffee with milk (Reg or Decaf)
    Lunch - Wholmeal turkey sambo, light mayo bit of branston pickle and maybe 150g turkey.
    Dinner - meat and two veg type of thing, small glass of supermilk.
    Mid morning and mid afternoon I might have some dry roasted peanuts or some fruit and there could be another coffee in there if I am at a meeting or something but overall I try and keep it pretty standard.

So any suggestions on what might be causing the indigestion, should I kill the coffee altogether? I try and drink water throughout the day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Aggie Plod

I tthink you're not supposed to look for medical advice on boards but this is definately one to check with your doctor before looking at dietary conundrums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Maybe your running too soon after eating? Maybe its not food? Run in the morning on an empty stomach and see if you feel it. Thats what I'd do.....if I didn't feel like going to the doctor that is.

That Branston pickle would kill me. Rennie time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭martin1016

Thanks - don't think its too serious and may alter the food slightly to see if that makes any difference. It might hit me once every one or two weeks but it takes teh enjoyment out of teh session. Don't think its any huge medical issue.

Advertisement