Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22 pistols

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Greenacre

I bought the 22a and the standard grips are awful, virtually impossible to get good aftermarket wooden grips for it, even Nils dont make them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

I had heard the after market grips were quite bad. They don't look too comfy. The Hammerli Grips look far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Like rrpc said though, don't expect any factory or off-the-shelf grip for any pistol to be perfect when you pick it up.

Hell, half the ISSF pistols don't even try, you basicly get given a finished pistol attached to a woodworking project kit when you buy one :D

(well, it's not quite that bad, but I don't think I've ever seen a pistol being used in national or higher competition that hadn't had some carving or building up done, not unless it was a club pistol).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

Sparks wrote: »
    Like rrpc said though, don't expect any factory or off-the-shelf grip for any pistol to be perfect when you pick it up.

Hell, half the ISSF pistols don't even try, you basicly get given a finished pistol attached to a woodworking project kit when you buy one :D

(well, it's not quite that bad, but I don't think I've ever seen a pistol being used in national or higher competition that hadn't had some carving or building up done, not unless it was a club pistol).

The Hammerli ones seem to be a little closer to the mark; for me at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

Sparks You must be talking about the lump of 4X2 on the Izzy :D
    Although I had to go at my Marschall grip with a dremel and some wood filler just to get it to point in the right direction. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement