Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you request a change in traffic light sequences?

Options
  • 15-04-2009 8:56pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is there any way you can get in touch to the council and request that they review the traffic light sequences? In several places near to where I live they just seem to be all wrong, loads of traffic building up in side roads where the main road has little traffic on it - but green lights for ages.

Also coming out of work today I notices the filter light to turn left is no longer operational, so with most people taking the left, we have to wait for the full lights to go green. Very annoying.

Do the council etc take requests to re-examine how the lights let traffic flow?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,284 ✭✭✭markpb

I've been in touch with the ITS department of Dublin city council several times and always found them very receptive to suggestions. Any time they're outright said no, they've outlined their (usually sound) reasoning. It's always worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

If your local council has a Transportation Unit/Authority it might be worth writing to them and asking them to look into your proposols.

If your council doesn't have a Transportation Unit/Authority, I would still write to the council anyway.

Won't do any harm making them aware of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I said it to Sligo Co.Co just over a year ago,I had a crash because a filter light wasn't working so the driver coming from the opposite direction pulled in front of me and I hit him. I said it to the council and it was fixed and they payed me a little compensation as well(mind you it wasn't much)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Never thought about that. The lights at entrance to my estate are desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

I know Galway City Countil definitely welcome people reporting faulty traffic lights. I wonder could bad sequencing be classed as 'faulty'? :D

But if I had a big issue with a traffic light sequence in Galway I would contact the Galway Transportation Authority as I'm sure they'd be the best people for the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This post has been deleted.

The roundabout and the 3 roads all leading to it, trying to get onto the N3 does make it a disaster at times alright

Advertisement