Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 3.0 Beta 3

• 15-04-2009 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone else using this?

I just installed it now...so far so good :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I heard there is changes to double tapping the Home button. What sorta changes are these?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Dman001 wrote: »
    I heard there is changes to double tapping the Home button. What sorta changes are these?

Just tried there....when u double tap it it goes straight to your favorite numbers. What did it do before?

The search functionality is handy for emails and stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Well I have a Touch and it brings up iPod controls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Apparently it is for a set of options to let you control what the double-press does.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Amateur

How do you find battery life with the new OS? Battery life at present on my iphone lasts less than a day with moderate use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Amateur wrote: »
    How do you find battery life with the new OS? Battery life at present on my iphone lasts less than a day with moderate use.

It could be just me but I think the battery isn't lasting as long with this beta. But, then again it's only beta so hopefully it'll improve with the final release.

I figured out if u scroll left from the home screen there's a "search iphone" screen which is handy.

There's also landscape txting. But I don't see the advantage, as you have a qwerty keyboard either way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the keyboard is much bigger in landscape mode, better for us with less girly hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

Is this now available to everyone? can u still unlock your phone with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

smyths wrote: »
    Is this now available to everyone? can u still unlock your phone with it?
    no, it's a closed beta. you have to be on the developer program to get it.

Advertisement