Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Package Holidays

• 15-04-2009 9:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭

Gone interrailing for the last 3 years running and this year I'd prefer a 'normal' holiday with my other half. Can anyone tell me where a good place to get good, cheap package holidays to somewhere warm in Europe or even America? I'm used to planning things myself but would welcome a bit of a relaxing break where i do nothing except sit on a beach ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Similar to yourself I am going on a sun holiday this year with the lads (though I am popping to Istanbul next week) as opposed to doing something very interesting. A holiday with the lads means a couple of weeks in Gran Canaria so that obviously isn't what you will be looking for with the other half.

However, the point of my post is that there are four of us going to Gran Canaria - two are going for the last week of June and the first week of July and then the other pair of us are going for the second week only. Those of us going for one week are saving 200 euro each by flying through Belfast having booked on the website www.sunshine.co.uk - might be worth a look.

You get the best prices if you search for hotel and flights rather than a package holiday. They send you to the same hotels and you can book transfers etc just you don't get the "benefit" of a budget travel rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

+1 OP

- Folks would appreciate any advice, info on any deals - 2 Adults, 1 child, one infant <2 for end of June!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

check with ryanair or air lingus to see what airports they fly into which are close to a resort that you might want to go to. they fly to majorca, ibiza and possibly a few more. then search for a hotel/apartment from 1800 hotels or any of the other search engines.

i did this and got an all inclusive weeks holiday in salou for me, herself and our daughter for 990.00 in june.

or.......you could hold off and hope for a suitable late deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

With the strength of the euro against sterling flying out from Belfast is a very atractive option. I booked for 3 of us to Cyprus for 1800 euro for 2 weeks booking flights through Thomas Cook and booking a 2 bedroom apartment directly with the resort for the last week of june. Travel agents down here were quoting me 1600 for the flights alone, and 2400 for flights and one weeks accomodation. A no brainer really.

There was a story on the last word about a month ago where a journalist did a price comparision of flights from Belfast and Dublin staying in the same accomodation all across Europe. The differences were incredible. The worst was the massive difference booking the same package through DirectHolidays on their .ie and .co.uk sites.

Advertisement