Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Alarm That Sends Text Messages, Uses Existing Motion Sensors

Options
  • 15-04-2009 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hello,

I've seen elements of this query dealt with in other threads but not the whole thing...

I have a bog standard Aritech CS450 hooked up to all of the usual sensors throughout the house ... works fine but suffers from the usual problem i.e. rings indefinitely, wakes up the whole estate but doesn't alert me if I am away.

So, what I want to do is keep the same sensors but replace the Aritech CS450 with something that is audible AND sends a text message. If I could just install the text message element in series with the Aritech (i.e. have the Aritech keep providing the audible alarm element), that would be fine too. I can't see a brand name on the sensors.

I am less interested in some of the additional functionality that is available with these text message alarms e.g. setting them by text message and a web interface but if these are present and can provide me with additional capability (not including CCTV / video which I never envisage requiring) at a small additional cost, I might take a look.

I have a landline but may not have one indefinitely so the sending of text messages needs to be done via GSM i.e. with a SIM card and not using the landline connection.

I'm in Limerick ... any info on an electrician to fit this in Limerick would be welcome too but I'm getting a little greedy with that additional query in this thread I reckon :)

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    super_freddie.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Replace your system with either a HKC panel with text dialler & Keypad or the newer Astec Fusion with Dialler & RKP.
    If you are having problems with false alarms you may need to replace one or more of the sensors also.
    Either of these systems would also be capable of supporting a GSM dialler should you decide on removing your landline.
    In relation to you asking for an Electrician to fit this.. Legally you must use a PSA licenced installer. Otherwise both he & you are breaking the law.
    Here is the register of licenced installers
    http://www.psa.gov.ie/Website/psa/psa.nsf/registervw?Openform

Just click 1D & do a search for Limerick

Advertisement