Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IveG iven up on xbox 360

• 15-04-2009 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

So like I said before i tried to fix my xbox 360 e74 prblem myself and it didnt work. I was out by 4 days for this new warranty coming in but the xbox is now in pieces. The only ames iever played on it were football manaer ames anyway so I wont be buy another one even if they gave me it for free. I will stick to the pc from now on. I think its a disgrace the way a multi-milllion pound firm can treat the public like thisand get away with it..I HATE MICROSOFT SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

did you break it badly? i can have a look on it if you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

< ignore me! move along, nothing to see here :-) > sorry, just read OP's post properly :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 cowboy supper

docentore wrote: »
    did you break it badly? i can have a look on it if you want

Cheers mate thats very kind but ive done everythin i can and im sick of the sight of it! Removed the xclamps bouht the new screws washers etc thermal paste overcooked it still not working. I give up!:(

Ive a good laptop and I hear the manager games are as ood if not better on the pc.

davenewt wrote: »
    u do know that microsoft is fixing e74 errors now as part of the 3 year warranty on all xboxes? did you get them to look at it?

sorry if this is total common knowledge but I just read something about it over on gamespot (I think) earlier today. mentioning it in case it's of use to you!

yeah I did know mate but when it happend to me it was 4 days before the put this new warranty in. I wasnt going to pay microsoft to fix it so I though id do a DIY. Broke the warranty seal so cant send it back.

Please guys dont tell me to try and send it back becasue ive already had this dicussion it dosent work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

i,ve got a working 360, apart,from dvddrive doesnt load dvds, coud you swap round the drives,any use to you,is your dvdrive working ok,?pm me if you want it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Reassemble it and sell it on ebay for parts and buy a PS3.

/awaits flaming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

/awaits flaming

Or hit the gamestop trade-in thread and see how to get a brand new console for around 130 quid.

gamer wrote: »
    i,ve got a working 360, apart,from dvddrive doesnt load dvds, coud you swap round the drives,any use to you,is your dvdrive working ok,?pm me if you want it.

Thats really kind of you gamer but its to much hassel im up in the North. Like I said the games I play will probaly suit the pc better. But thanks very much anyway. :)

/awaits flaming

You know id have fought you to the death a while back but now I totally agree. I hate the xbox and i will never buy one again!!

amacachi wrote: »
    Or hit the gamestop trade-in thread and see how to get a brand new console for around 130 quid.

Yeah I was close to buying a recon xbox and buy an extended guarntee of 3 years with it but whats the point? I bought GTA didnt like it I bought Halo didnt like it I bought sf4 didnt like it the only games I played on it was lma manager 2007 day in day out....and yeah I know you guys think im a weido but hey each to there own.

So tomorrow im goin to trade the games in for a good footie manager game for the pc and an xbox lookalike controller.

• Advertisement

Yeah I was close to buying a recon xbox and buy an extended guarntee of 3 years with it but whats the point? I bought GTA didnt like it I bought Halo didnt like it I bought sf4 didnt like it the only games I played on it was lma manager 2007 day in day out....and yeah I know you guys think im a weido but hey each to there own.

So tomorrow im goin to trade the games in for a good footie manager game for the pc and an xbox lookalike controller.

Ya can get a little dongle to connect to the computer to use your XBox controllers on. That could save a couple of quid.

I'm not here to talk ya in to buying another XBox btw, just that if ya had games you enjoyed for it that it would be a better idea than buying a PS3 for which you have no games. :)

Ya can get a little dongle to connect to the computer to use your XBox controllers on. That could save a couple of quid.

I'm not here to talk ya in to buying another XBox btw, just that if ya had games you enjoyed for it that it would be a better idea than buying a PS3 for which you have no games. :)

Ah yeah I know that, I def go for a PS3 but just at this moment in time its not my top priority.

Ive heard the footie manager games are better to play on the pc anyhow or as good.

Ah yeah I know that, I def go for a PS3 but just at this moment in time its not my top priority.

Ive heard the footie manager games are better to play on the pc anyhow or as good.

I'd've thought they'd be quite a bit better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Shame on you all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

You have said that you really only play manager games. You also don't want to buy another 360.

I love my PS3, but TBH you will not get as much out of it as I do so I suggest you get a PC. I am not sure how hardware-intensive manager games are, so perhaps a relatively cheap PC will do you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I will stick to the pc from now on. I think its a disgrace the way a multi-milllion pound firm can treat the public like thisand get away with it..I HATE MICROSOFT SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

What os are you using on this 'PC' you speak of?? ;)

Otacon wrote: »
    You have said that you really only play manager games. You also don't want to buy another 360.

I love my PS3, but TBH you will not get as much out of it as I do so I suggest you get a PC. I am not sure how hardware-intensive manager games are, so perhaps a relatively cheap PC will do you.

Yeah thats what I thought ive a really good top of the range laptop so I reckon the games I play will be good on it.

What os are you using on this 'PC' you speak of?? ;)

lol yeah I knew that when I was typing that but hopefully the os willl be better than the xbox 360...gulp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Desmondo2000

my brother has a PS3 broke down about 1 or 2 weeks after the warranty ended 160 euros to fix it **** that he said so he got a sex box

if your just playing LMA then PC is your best bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

I'd imagine it would be alot easier to navigate on the laptop as well as being portable so you can get your fix in college/on the train/plane.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 stevo0906

i have my xbox apart tiny bit afraid wat to do next. i watched loads of ring of death repair vids. none of the consoles are the same as mine. dont know wat to do?????????? anybody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 stevo0906

hi mate. i saw your reply to that fellas question. my xbox is apart im a bitafraid what to do next. i saw loads of ring of death fix vids. yet none of the consoles look like mine????? any ideas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hi just to let you know i have a ps3 and a 360 and a wii and the only console i have had any problems with is the ps3!

i am sorry the 360 didnt work out for you as its a great console!

BTW i agree with the guys that a cheap pc will do the job you want with soccer manager games!

best of luck to you,

Ray:):)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,790 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wouldn't go for the PS3. The games are practically the same on both consoles and the few exclusives on the PS3 aren't worth taking a risk on if you didn't like the traditional games on the 360.

Get a PC, the management games are miles better on it. You don't even need a beast of a machine to run them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I wouldn't go for the PS3. The games are practically the same on both consoles and the few exclusives on the PS3 aren't worth taking a risk on if you didn't like the traditional games on the 360.

Get a PC, the management games are miles better on it. You don't even need a beast of a machine to run them.
    i have to agree with retro if you are not into other games than management then it makes way more sense to have a pc and they are so affordable now very good value to be found!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Payton

Microsoft have extended their warranty on Xbox's with the "Error E74" http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/19365/Microsoft-Extends-Xbox-360-Warranty-to-Cover-E74/

Ring them on 1800 509186

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Any chance of a link to that thread?

Evolute wrote: »
    Any chance of a link to that thread?

The offer is over, unfortunately, though there was rumours that it would be back in the summer, it's all up in the air though.

Here's the thread anyway. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055535972&highlight=gamestop

Advertisement