Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting out of Vodafone contract

• 15-04-2009 9:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭

I've got a BB Storm on Vodafone since christmas. Nothing wrong with the service (per se) and am quite happy with the phone. However on looking at my bills (including the one I got today) VF are taking the P.
    I'm being charged for data when I don't use it (a pittance but the principal is there) and the same thing happens when in the North when it costs quite a bit, long texts to another VF number were charged for (even though VF-VF texts are supposed to be free on my plan), and I also downloaded a couple of songs (again supposedly free) but was charged for them.

Now tbh, if I used my phone, I will expect to be charged. But when I pay for the package, I expect them to stump up what's in the package, and not charge for these 'data items' of 5-15kb at a time. OK if I turn off 3G then it may not happen, but I have the phone for a reason and hitting me with charges for having it in my pocket is a bit sneaky. I don't pay to receive texts, so why should I ay to receive data I didn't ask for. OK if I access my email through the device, different story.

Any ideas on breach of contract on their part ? Or do they have them watertight with numerous 'we may, from time to time, charge you for no apparent reason' statements ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shrew

hi you should be getting your data included in your price plan. i would query that with cust care. when your travelling up the north you can switch off data recieved on the handset. contact the data supp team about that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Its a mistake on vodafone's part, give them a shout on 1907, tell them that you're being charged for vodafone texts, and data and can they check it out, they should refund you the money no problem and then they might give you a months free line rental or something due to the fact that they made a mistake. Give them a bell, they're nice and friendly but trying to get out of a contract due to this little fault wont happen without penalties and its a small bit extreme too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I would suggest you call into a Vodafone store or call customer care and query any transactions you say you are not making.

Your phone may be setup to access the web at intervals (being a Blackberry it probably is) and this is going to cost you money.

Advertisement