Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocked number?!

• 15-04-2009 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

I've been getting phone calls from a blocked number; not answering them is my policy! Anyway, they've left very strange messages in my voicemail - is there anyway of finding out what number is at the end of the blocked number? I'm on O2 if it makes any difference.
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

No there isn't. Report it to your network provider. Report it to the Gardai. Let them put a trace on your phone.

Unless the calls are very threatening though I wouldn't hold out much hope as the Gardai are far too busy and your network will not act without Gardai / court order.

Other options are to change your number really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

no sorry there's no way to find out , unless there saying they want to kill you , then go to the police ,

just ignore them and don't answer , sooner or later they'll give up

sometimes i get this phone call were you can only here surrounding noise like the wind or the t.v in the backround,
    what i do is answer the phone and leave it , let them waste there credit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

get handy blacklist on your phone and divert all the blocked phone calls onto the guarda station. He he.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

+1 for letting them waste their credit. its probably just some bored tween

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

seanybiker wrote: »
    get handy blacklist on your phone and divert all the blocked phone calls onto the guarda station. He he.
    It doesn't solve the voicemail issue really - short of disabling voicemail ..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

people still use voicemail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I need the voicemail - might just answer it next time and let them waste their credit!

Thanks everyone for your replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Get this

Of course you'll need to move you and the caller to America first unfortunately :(

Advertisement