Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, how does everyone find Ulduar so far?

Options
  • 15-04-2009 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

We did a 10 man run this evening, it didn't last too long as the instance wouldn't load after about an hour, but the time we did have in there was terrific. We took down the Flame Leviathan in 2 tries, which was a simple enough fight once we got the hand of it. I love using the siege engines, I think everyone agreed in raid that it was just an extremely fun encounter. Ironsoul and Firesoul dropped.

Got 3 attempts at Razorscale before it wouldn't load. Much, much harder fight than the Leviathan, and quite hectic. We didn't make it to phase 2 unfortunately.

How's everyone else's experiences going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Lag / crashing has been terrible all evening for us on Outland. We've managed to get the Leviathan and Razorscale down so far but it's crashed again now that we're about to try Ignis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

We're going to give it a lash tonight. We did the new boss in Archavon, but the server crashed.. We wiped a few times too. Have strategy down, just need to DPS the adds down quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Didn't get to do anything past the first boss instance was done.

But have to say very happy with having the dual spec. Have a full cat and bear spec now at the click of a switch happy days.

Will see what type of compensation savage defense is for the armour nerf.

Happy with the critting bleed dmg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Oooh, forgot about the new Wintergrasp boss, does he drop anything good?

I packed it in hours ago, gonna try again tomorrow and hope for some more stability. The amount of people gathered outside Ulduar was unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

did flamey on 25man, easymode. Razor was another story same with ignis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

same story as teeth, outland is a nightmare, we got about an hour of raiding in 4 hours of playtime.

1shot flame leviathan (seriously ken, how did you wipe?:) ) and then made the mistake of going to the x2 guy instead of razor, wiped twice and then instance went for an hour and called it. so a pitful 1 boss down for us:(

razor done now with the achievement, such an easy fight when you knwo what to do ! Giving Xt-002 a shot now.

Dustaz wrote: »
    1shot flame leviathan (seriously ken, how did you wipe?:) )

Left towers up at first, then thought, nah, lets easy mode it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

We finished up about an hour ago,

Leviathan, Razorscale and XT-2000 down tonight, 25 man,

Hopefully get some more done tomorrow night.

Love the instance so far.

Bah. It's a pity Ulduar wouldn't load and we called the raid. Normally I wouldn't want to raid all night, but god damnit if I don't just want to now. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Oooh, forgot about the new Wintergrasp boss, does he drop anything good?

Can drop any season 6 gear and/or 1 of 3 parts of tier gear (depending on difficulty)

Xt-002 Down. Moving on !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Downed Leviathan and Razorscale on 25's before people had to leave.

We then made a 10 man group and breezed through Leviathan, Razorscale and XT-2000.

XT-2000 took us a few tries before we realised we had to dps his heart too xD

Goin for the arms dude tomorow.

Btw did you find Ignis hard? He kept bugging for us and doing 60k damage to people in the slag pits so we skipped him :confused:

We had the same problem, but was only 40-45k. We did XT without damaging the heart at all. We had a pala tank hold the big adds and a mage and a lock on each side to take out the smaller ones and the bombs.

Called it a night at IC... epic fights and at last something a bit more challenging !

Psycopat wrote: »
    XT-2000 took us a few tries before we realised we had to dps his heart too xD

Supposedly DPSing his heart is the hard mode. Achievement.

Good to know it's easy enough, he drops this on 25 man Hard mode, and I want it. :D

Also, I kinda wish we could've pulled a late nighter on this too... Damn my guildies with their jobs and real lives. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Went in on 25 man, before we even got the chance to start the event the server crashed leaving the 25 of us stuck in Ulduar for about 90 mins, could log on alts no problem just couldn't get past the loading screen on main. Ah well tomorrow is another day :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

leviathan down in 25, had a few goes on ignis, bugger hits hard and then my modem died :( guild went on for a few tries on ironscale but didnt down it. going back tonight. was fun watching the raid breeze through until then hit ignis' trash and then get totally WTFd by the whirlwinds :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Did not get anything down. Server crashing all the time. Think we are ment to be going back tonight. I wont be as i have to much to do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

whats the story with the new boss in VOA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

TechnoPool wrote: »

read my thread

TechnoPool wrote: »

Its puggable

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

well we did the 10 man voa boss last night no problems.
    did flame leviathian heroic,razorscale heroic and xt-200 heroic also..ignis is bugged so we skipped him..iron council tomorrow night.
    the xt-200 fight is fairly fun..his voice is so funny and we also got the achievement:-)
    ps..as a surv hunter i wasnt impressed dps wise with this fight..as our rogues where hitting 7000 ish on him and i was getting 4500:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

GHOST MGG2 wrote: »
    well we did the 10 man voa boss last night no problems.
    did flame leviathian heroic,razorscale heroic and xt-200 heroic also..ignis is bugged so we skipped him..iron council tomorrow night.
    the xt-200 fight is fairly fun..his voice is so funny and we also got the achievement:-)
    ps..as a surv hunter i wasnt impressed dps wise with this fight..as our rogues where hitting 7000 ish on him and i was getting 4500:-(

Ignis is not actually bugged, just very very hard.

Right, had much more time at it tonight, and 2 things that strike me are: Ulduar is not slacker friendy. We had a raid, and well, some of our DPS'ers weren't up to much, so we didn't get down Razorscale or XT-002. There seems very little margin for slacking, and while you could get through Naxx with a handful of competant people, if everyone isn't pulling their weight, it's game over.

Ulduar 25 is a lot harder than Ulduar 10. We tried 25 man before some people had to leave, and god damn, we took a pounding. I knew that it wasn't going to be like 10/25 man Naxx, but I don't think I saw such a pounding since the time I pugged Sarth +3D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭magilly

My guild has sort of went tits up over the last few weeks, so we havent been able to do 25 man yet. Got a few hours in 10 man tho, 2 shotted Leviathan, and 3 or 4 attempts at XT-2000, razor took a few more wipes :D p1 was abit all over the place while ppl learned the encounter. Ignis.... lol at that trash.

Really enjoying it so far tho, the whole dual spec thing has added alot tbh. VoA was totally failure in a pug i tried today.

As for lag, kazzak is a not alll that bad, least tonite it wasnt. some spikes, and when WG it kinda rapes everything.

6% wipe on razorscale last night. kept getting unlucky with mob spawns :( did voa ten man with a few of the top dps i know and we were fine. blooody 2 rogue pvp legs and only 1 rogue with us... so we went to the old WG and rogue chest dropped :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Joined in on one of my guilds 10man runs as they needed dps, its good to have the learning curve back in and the fights actually requiring careful planning.

We only downed two bosses though as we had a late start and not enough tanks to take on the rest of the bosses, probably could have if i could have afforded my dual specc on DK. Will have to grind that fast the weekend, sell me arse in dalaran sewers or somethin..

Razorscale was piss easy imo, we had two attempts on him. and first attempt was only to get people familiar with the fight while we waitied for 2 other dps to get online, and hammered him on the second attempt and got the achievement and all, he only flew away once and got destroyed when he came back down..

Xt we wiped a few times, he enraged on us at 7%, 12% and finally 10% and we got him down on the 4th attempt with some dps adjustments. Trick is to have all dps on his heart when its out for double the damage. Kinda reminds me of the curator fight.

I wish i had the time to go back to raiding hardcore, would love to be in on the 25mans. My best wow pal has pretty much spent 80% of her time the last 3 days hammering ulduar. Over 10 bosses down in 10 man and have taken about 4-5 in 25man, sounds like fun :D

Although i fear this content wont last us very long and it wont be long till were all waiting for the next big patch. They should give two big instances at once like they did in TBC, SSC/TK took ages to plow through and then they released MH/BT. Proper content patches liek !

Since ulduar has come out ive spent 26 hours in there between 25 and 10 mans. Wow what a fun instance, its great how some of the trash are harder then most of the naxx bosses. When we did our 10man kill of KT we didnt know abotu the heart so just ignored it, no wonder it was such a close fight. Also, absolutley loving Shattering throw especially when stacked with 5 sunders and the melee and loving me for it too. got This from 10man last night too.

• Advertisement

we've managed to grab ten of the top players in the guild and arranged for a ten man run tonight :) can't wait

Advertisement